Us Against Them

Peyton: "So why am I ditching my totally hot boyfriend to come down here in the middle of the night?"

Nathan was sitting on the bench at the river court. "Because my total a** of a brother is sleeping with my wife" he was twirling a ball in his hands.

Peyton: "Yah right. Come on Im serious" she was laughing.

Nathan looked her dead in the eye. "So am I" Peytons smile turned into anger.

Peyton: "WHAT? After everything she did...." what the hell was he thinking. This couldnt be true. He wouldnt do that to Nathan. He wouldn do that to her. "It was probably a one time stupid mistake" she said shaking her head.

Nathan looked doubtful. "I told him to end it and he refused. I know that look in his eyes, hes in love with her."

Peyton: "Lucas is not in love with her, she is probably just using him to make you jealous" she stood up.

Nathan: "Thats what I was thinking. But she wouldnt use Lucas like that"

Peyton: "I got to go" she walked back to her car. Nathan was somewhat glad. He hoped she went over to Lucas's to talk some sense into him. This was just another way for Lucas to try and steal Nathans life. It wasnt his fault Lucas is the one who had the heart condition. It wasnt his fault he got the dad. Nathan slammed the ball on to the backboard. What was he going to do.

Haley got up and looked at the clock. It was 3 in the morning and the second time she had received a visitor. She put on her robe and went to the door.

Peyton: "You just make it your lifes work to ruin peoples lives dont you. First you ruin Nathans life and then you lie to him about a kid and now you are sleeping with his brother. You have no right to Lucas." she got into Haleys face a little to close for confort. "Why are you always hurting the people I care about?"

Haley got mad. "You know what Im tired of. Im tired of you playing the holier than thow rebel. First of all, dont tell me I have no right to Lucas. What people tend to forget is that I knew him first." she pointed her finger in Peytons face. "Second, why dont you admit what this is really about.Lucas."

Peyton: "You dont know what your talking about and if you are insinuating what I think you are you dont know anything. I am in love with jake." she was losing her temper again.

Haley: "I dont doubt that. But I think deep down you are still a little in love with Lucas and you were never worried about him with Brooke because you knew it wouldnt last. But now you can see yourself losing him."

Peyton: "Shut up" she got closer to Haley.

Haley: "Oh did I hit a sore spot. Well I dont care. I am in love with him and I WILL not apolagize for that and if you think you can have your cake in Jake and eat it too with lucas you got another thing coming. I am not letting him go this time."

Peyton: "You are the most selfish person I have ever met and you dont even care if you split brothers up"

Haley: "Why should I, you didnt in high school. The only difference is I am not actually still with Nathan" she knew she shouldnt have said that but Peyton had butted her head in one to many times.

Peyton pushed her lightly on the shoulders not meaning to do any harm but when Haley stepped back she tripped on one of Jamies toys and fell backwards. She hit her head on the corner of her coffee table.

Peyton: "Oh my god...Haley are you all right" she leaned down and noticed Haley had quite the gash. Haley grabbed the back of her head and noticed that her hand was covered in blood. "I am so sorry, we have to get you to the hospital"