Chapter 4 (Moving On)

"Ya know, it has been 2 weeks, you should really talk to her" Whitey said as he walked up to Nathan on the empty river court.

Nathan looked up "I have enough on my plate w/a daughter I never knew I had and a fiance who is currently not talking to me right now, I dont have the energy for Haley"

Whitey: "Oh stop. I get it... your mad, you have the right to be, but that little girl had nothing to do with the decision that Haley made and I dont think she would appreciate you using her to bash her mother, your not 18 years old anymore Nathan, things are what they are and you cant change that"

With that Whitey headed back to his car, but turned around right before he reached the end of the court.

Whitey: "She is amazing ya know, Jamie. You may not have liked what came to be but your daughter turned out to be one hell of a little girl. And that Nathan is all becasue of Haley. She is the mother of your child, whether you like it or not" and with that he got in his car and drove off.

Nathan continued to shoot ball. Why was everyone on Haleys side, didnt they see what she did. He was deffinitly not ready to forgive Haley in any way but Whitey was right about one thing, he had to talk to her. He had to get to know his daughter.
...................................................................................
Nathan: "Thank for coming with me Lucas, I dont think I could control myself w/her right now, I am still so angry and I dont know how to stop"

Lucas: "yah its no problem, well here is her house"

The two got out of the car and headed for the lighted door.

Inside the house - Tim: "Ok so where is ace ventura taking you tonight"

Haley: "Tim, I know you dont like him, but you have got to stop calling him ace ventura, he is going to shoot you one of these days" "and stop mocking me with your mouth, I can see you in the mirror"

Tim sat on the couch with Jamie in his lap watching basketball. She had a big oversized Jersey on and she was focused on the tv. Tim turned to the door at the sound of the knock "Come in"

Nathan and Lucas both walked in.
Nathan: "Tim, what are you doing here?" he said confused.

Tim: "Just watching Jamie tonight" just as Haley walked out in a black dress that fit her form perfectly and her curly red hair piled on her haid.

Haley stopped in her tracks as she was putting on her shoes "NaNaaathan, what are you doing.....here....in my house...now" Jamie looked ather mother in confusion.

Nathans breath caught in his throat, she was still so beautiful, if not more. She was more filled out and she seemed to have this thing about her."We need to talk"

Jamie: "Is she in trouble, that is what mommy and uncle tim always say to me when I am in trouble"

Lucas laughed, she was certainly a lot like Haley used to be. He turned to see Haley, she had really grown up. There was a time where he thought he would have been the uncle in Haleys childs life.

Haley: "This is really not a good time Nath...KNOCK KNOCK

Tim: "well this should be interesting" "Come in" just then a tall hansom man with somewhat shoulder length hair walked in the door with nice slacks and a nice shirt "Hey sweetheart"

Tim: 'oh please, sweetheat' made him want to vomit. "Hey Ace, dont worry all our animals have tags" he said jokingly.

Haley seeing the look in Tommy's eyes immediately stepped in the middle "ok, lets quit the 'whose is bigger routine boys'"

Its not that Tim didnt like the guy, he just thought Haley deserved better then some guy whose first priority was his job and he did not want to see her get hurt. Actually he didnt like the guy, who was he kidding.

Tommy: "Ya know Tim, it is quite obvious you dont like me, and to tell you the truth im not so into you either but at least I am mature enough to be civil w/you. I thought you were too.

Tim: "Well then you really dont know me, I dont do mature"

Jamie: "I dont want to be a cop when I grow, up I want to be a criminal" Tim laughed and looked up at Haley

Haley: "Did you tell her to say that" Tim:"nope" lying
"Listen Nathan I really want to talk to to you but how about tomorrow, hoping he would not cause a scene, she still had not told Tommy Jamies father was in town.

Nathan:"Yah fine whatever"

Haley: "Great, ok sweety come here and give me a kiss" Jamie jumped off Tims lap and launched herself on to her mother. "What are you going to do tonight"

Jamie: "Oh nothing, just have little T-Time"

Haley looked at Tim with irritation "Ok I know you taught her to say that" Tim was cracking up on the couch as Haley and Tommy walked out on their date.

Lucas: "Is it just me, or is that guy kind of seem like a toole"

Tim: "Beleive me, it is not just you"

Just as Nathan and Lucas were leaving tim spoke "Why dont you guys stay for the game, Jamie loves basketball and you can sort of get to know her"

Nathan looked at Lucas who had a 'its up to you' look on his face and then at his daugter. She was jumping around with some sort of ugly poncho thing on.

Nathan: "yah ok but only to convince her to never wear that again" he said pointing to the poncho.

Lucas and Tim laughed recognizing it as being the same one as Haley used to wear.

Tim: "ya, Haley was going through her things one day and Jamie found it and refuses to give it up" "I keep trying to hide it but she gives me 'the look' and I roll over like a dog"

They all laughed, sat down and begin to eat pizza. Lucas looked around at the house and got a little jealous. There were pictures everywhere of her, Jake, Skills, and Tim. How did this happen, how did Tim take his place as her best friend. THis was not supposed to be how things were. He looked over at Nathan who was on the floor playing with Jamie and saw a smile on Nathan that he had not seen in a long time.