(Part Two) Chapter 12: The End

Start from the beginning

I didn’t answer but swirled around. “Where are you parents?”

“Their work, Dad works at Green Woods High School and mom is at the Fox Hill Laboratory.”

“Okay, okay. Isn’t the laboratory right…..THERE!” I said then turned in their parking lot.

“Hopefully, Sara is going after your mom first.” I said, jumping out of the car and grabbing the key.

“Come on, RUN!”

We ran into the laboratory and a bunch of people turned their heads towards us.

We stopped and quickly walked to the counter.

Shan’s P.O.V

“How can I help you?” the woman asked.

“Hi, I’m Shan, Molly Brook’s daughter?” I said, politely. I gave her a smile. I wish I could still do the cute puppy dog eyes like I could when I was younger.

“Oh, yes, Mrs. Brook. She is right there actually.” The woman said pointing to a corner where my mom was.

“Hey, mom.” I said, walking up to her. “This is Sam, by the way.” I said.

“Nice to meet you, Sam.” My mom said, smiling. She looked worried.

“Honey, I need to talk to you, alone.” She said, pulling me to a corner.

“Yes?” I said.

“I just hanged up with the police,” she said, her eyes tearing up.

“they…they…said they found your father in his classroom…dead…” She said, sobbing.

“I’m so sorry, honey.” She said, hugging me.

I was paralyzed. Dead? Impossible…

I started to cry with her and we both walked back over to Sam.

“It..it…was…nice…to…meet…you…Sam. B-but we have to go…”

Sam didn’t seem to be paying attention though, he was just staring at me.

“I’m sorry.” He said. “Can I have a word with Shan, before you leave?”

My mom took out her tissues from her purse and blew. “O-okay.”

He took me over to the corner as my mom did a minute ago.

He put a hand on my shoulder. “It’s going to be okay,” he said. I let out a sob.

“We are going to put Sara to rest and ever one will come back, its okay,”

He wiped my tears away with his finger and planted a kiss on my cheek.

I felt myself melt. He just kissed me… even if it was on the cheek he KISSED me…

I nodded and tried to not look like I wanted to be dancing around. “I’ll meet you at your house, I’ll be at your window, okay?” he whispered. I nodded again, then he left.

I got snapped back into reality after that.

Jana is dead.

Dad is dead.

But Sam was right, we WOULD put Sara to rest and they will come back. I turned back to my mom and we slowly started for the car, weeping and sobbing still.

Sam’s P.O.V

I looked at the watch that I had stolen years ago. 11:00 p.m.

Never would I EVER do that again.