Chapter 6

"W-wake up L-Lukey," Michael whispered, shaking the blond as hard as he could without hurting him.

"What's happening?" Came the mumbled response, rubbing the sleep from his eyes and yawning loudly. Luke had managed to sleep right through the night, and since he had failed at doing just that since he'd arrived at the facility, it was something which he couldn't have been more surprised nor grateful for.

He rolled over and looked up at the lilac haired boy who was now sitting just across the bed, cocking his head sideways and staring at Luke with a confused expression. "Y-you were talking i-in your s-sleep."

Luke groaned and buried his face into the mattress, hoping Michael would forget about it and leave him alone. Although this did work, he felt very uncomfortable under Michael's constant stares of concern.

"I'm okay, you know," Luke spoke quietly after a few hours of unbearable silence, "you should stop worrying about me."

Michael felt immediately guilty and he looked away, sadness evident on his face. "S-sorry."

The blond instantly regretted what he'd said, but was fully aware he couldn't take it back. "No, you were just being nice. I'm the one who should be apologising Michael, not you. Come here."

Luke patted his lap and the boy shuffled across the bed, resting his head where had been signalled. For the first time in what seemed like forever, he felt safe with Luke. Loved.

Michael laid still as Luke ran his fingers through his soft lilac hair, noting that it had mostly faded now and his natural colour was coming back through underneath. He chose not to mention it to him, however, because it didn't matter. Michael was beautiful despite that.

After a short while the position became uncomfortable for them both, although they would've liked nothing more than to remain that way for just a little longer. Michael eventually curled up in the covers beneath them again, no matter how much sleep he got he always seemed exhausted, so the blond let him be.

Luke decided he needed to stretch his legs after a good nights sleep, but as soon as he stood up his head began to spin and the world became blurry. He clutched onto the side of the bed for balance as dizziness overcame him, and suddenly an agonising pain in his lower stomach caused him to fall silently to the floor.

He managed to keep himself calm in order to not disturb Michael, telling himself he was just panicking and he'd be fine in a few minutes once he'd caught his breath. But when he put his hand to his stomach to ease the pain and removed it moments later coated in blood, he knew something was seriously wrong.

He looked back up at the sleeping boy, and only now did he see the red stains on the white bed sheets where he had been laying.

The clanging of metal made both of their heads snap up suddenly, Michael's from his sleep, and focus all of their attention on the bars that locked them in. Great, the last thing they needed was another visit, who knew what horrors would be in store for them this time.

The doctor entered the small space, with three trusty guards stood behind him, awaiting further instructions. Michael immediately scrambled from the bed and into the corner of the room, shaking his head and covering his face with his hands.

"We have an important job for you, Michael," the doctor said firmly, emotionless eyes fixed on the now trembling boy.

Two of the three guards stepped in front of him, striding towards Michael without a single feeling of sympathy or remorse for what they were doing. They grabbed his arms and legs and pinned him harshly to the cold floor, making him cry out as his back smashed into the concrete.

Whilst this was happening, Luke fought to fight against the dizziness he was experiencing and keep himself awake. He knew he would be unconscious by the time that he made it to Michael, if he could even move in the first place, and accepted that he was of no help to anyone in these circumstances. However horrible it was, he could only watch. 

The doctor chuckled and leaned over the lilac haired boy, who was kicking and screaming on the floor. His initial whimpers had become full sobs that shook his body, but his attempts to fight back were useless, the guards were holding him too tightly beneath them.

"You see, Michael," the doctor whispered, "we always have control."

He turned away, a grin spread across his face. The lone guard placed a black case on the floor just metres from the hysterical boy, and as his bloodshot eyes caught it he only protested more. The man unlocked the box and removed a small syringe, filled with a clear yellow liquid. He tapped it for all to see and lifted it to Michael's sweaty neck.

"Leave him alone!" Luke shouted, but his speech was lost in Michael's screams of agony and fear, and they eventually became nothing more than groans as numbness spread through his face. His shirt was now soaked through and he tried his best to ignore it, but it was difficult. How much blood must he have lost for it to result in this?

Michael did everything he could to prevent the needle coming closer, but the outcome now seemed inevitable. He just couldn't win. Pure panic consumed his eyes and he looked up at the doctor one last time, pleading. "P-please don't, I-I don't want t-to. Not a-again."

But his desperate words were ignored and the guards tightened their grip on his body, locking his head in place to prevent any sudden movement. Luke looked away and squeezed his eyes shut, still unable to move, as the needle pierced his pale skin.

Michael's small body convulsed violently, and his screams filled the air before he fell silent.

~~~~~~~

A/n: whoop whoop

I posted the worst chapter so far on christmas eve, fight me

This probably doesn't make much sense but most of it should be explained next chapter so see you there ;)

Thank you!! xx