17. over a three day period

Edward's Perspective

I sighed, sitting down on the couch with a fresh coffee in my hand. The doctor had decided that Ella and I were well enough to go home, so while I still hadn't seen her today I know somewhat where she is. Kristen had volunteered to drive her home. So while I was slightly sour about it, since I really STILL hadn't seen Ella today, I stayed quiet. Not to mention I decided to buy a small, box like television to kill some time. I had spent the last twenty or thirty minutes setting it up, and now I was sure it was ready. I used the remote to turn on the television.

I rolled my eyes at the instant. The first thing I saw was my enemy, at least the television worked. It was Tom Doughety on the news. He was talking about what he would do as mayor, but I didn't care. I felt calm at first. Yet I still felt like a child with no power and a bad attitude. Before I knew it I was screaming in aggravation and throwing my cup of coffee at the wall. The mug was broken and the coffee was all over the carpet. Oh well, it made me feel better in a way.

I could feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. I answered it quickly without looking at the ID.

" Y-yes? " I could hear Oswald's almost signature chuckle from the other end of the phone.

" What a waste of a cup... " I scoffed, rolling my eyes. " But really. You should probably get some rest. These next two days or so will be bigger than you really think they will be. " I gulped, hanging up the phone.

//The Next Day

Ella's Perspective

I was sitting at my desk, an inch away from sipping my well needed coffee when I heard a knock on the front door of my office. I looked up to see a giggling Kristen. I raised my eyebrows. " Yeah? "

" You look like you need some girl time... "

" Ugh. " I sipped the coffee then put it down. I clicked my pen open, almost ready for work. " the sad part is that for once you're right. " she laughed again.

" You think some shopping after work is in order? "

" That sounds lovely, Kristen. But you understand just why I'd be reluctant in the slightest... " she sighed a little, but continued to wear a happy smile.

" I know you just got out of the hospital but-- "

" But I can't let that dominate my life? I know. " we both chuckled this time.

" So yeah? I swear I need new shoes more than I need... "

" ...Sure. As long as you never, ever say what I think you are about to. " I got up from my desk and walked over to her. I handed her all the files I had borrowed from her. Barbra Kean's files, not to mention. " and as long as I can fit it into my schedule. It sounds fun but this maniax thing's really got me busy... " she took the files and showed me her white teeth, smiling.

" I understand. Me too, really. Around seven? "

" Yeah, sounds good. "

" See you then. " she chuckled as she went her way, and I went mine. I really, really didn't know where Ed was and I really, really didn't like that. Plus I wasn't used to not seeing him for four days straight, so naturally I went to look for him. I was about half a mile away from him, locking in eye contact. That is until Tom got in my way. 

" Hello. " I spoke, briefly. I tried to step aside but he stepped with me. Still in my way.

" Hello, Ella. " he tilted his head. " I really don't think we talk enough, you know. "

" I think personally, that in my entire life time, I have exchanged plenty of words with you to walk away and never look back. " I tried to step out again, of course it didn't work.