"A hotel." Dapo said with a smile "it is the London bridge hotel and my room number is 306. You could come anytime you want. Just let me know so I will clear your name at the reception okay?"

Kaylee nodded and ran over to Dapo for a hug. She knew he needed it more than she did.

"Thank you" he murmured as he walked out.
A part of her didn't want him to go but a part of her also knew he needed to go until the atmosphere had relaxed.

Kaylee took a deep breath and looked at the laundry room. Her clothes she had come for were folded neatly in a basket. She no longer wanted to leave. She had to stay and help. Maybe there was a purpose for her coming In the first place. What was that scripture again ? Jeremiah 29:11 ? Maybe it was part of God's plan.

She sighed heavily as she took the basket to her room and began rearranging her clothes in her wardrobe. Kaylee busied herself with house chores that monday morning until her phone served as a distraction she gladly welcomed.

"Hello"

"How is my favourite girl doing? " Seun asked

"I guess she is fine" was her cold reply.

"Hey what's wrong? You haven't been picking my calls and now you are sounding..."

"Yeah! Never mind I am fine!" She said as she arranged the remote controls with her free hand.
The line was silent for a while before Seun spoke up again.

"Kaylee... what's wrong?"

Kaylee bit her lower lips contemplating if she should tell him. She barely knew him "alot is happening right now that's all."

"Okay I will be off work early. I could come around. If that's okay by you"

Kaylee smiled for the first time that day. "Yeah sure!"

*********-------*********

"You are unbelievable Seun" kaylee laughed.

"I am very serious. I was a very curious child, I wanted to know everything. "

"So you ate carrot and peanut butter? That's disgusting!" Kaylee scrunched her nose.

"Hey!! If I didn't try all that, you wouldn't know ketchup and peanut butter tastes great with bread" He glanced at her before he faced his driving again."

"Yeah whatever" kaylee waved her hand in the air.

"You are just jealous you dont have the guts to be adventurous" Seun stuck his tongue out at her.

"Ow you have no idea" she said. If he knew how she left Nigeria for London over night, he would know how adventurous she could be, if that counted as one.

"Tell me the craziest thing you have ever done"

"None?" Kaylee blushed.

"Really? Wow! I have alot to teach you then. You just have to be a good student" he winked at her.

"Yes sir!" Kaylee saluted him before she turned on the music player in the car. Immediately NF 'Wait' came on. Kaylee was so excited that her favourite rapper was on.

"Where you going Where you going? Where you going?
Why you leaving?
(Wait)
I can't lose you, I can't lose you
Girl I need you, girl I need you
(Wait)..."

Seun watched her do her thing before he joined her to sing the hook.

"I'm holding on to pieces of us
That I just can't let go
I know this is a desperate kind of love
But it feels like it's home
Where you going? (Where you going?)
I'm holding on to pieces of us
Cause I just can't let go.."

"I knew you could sing.!" She pitched her voice above the loud music.

"Me? How? When? Can I?"

Kaylee slapped his hand. Yes common! Your voice is better than Timi Dakolo"

"For real? Ow wow! I should have gone for project fame or American got talent instead of med school" Seun smirked.

"Now you are just being proud!" She rolled her eye and turned down the volume of the player as paralysed by NF started playing.

"Me? Hell no!" Seun put his hand on his chest in fake hurt "how could I be proud when I am sitting beside the most beautiful girl I have met!"

Kaylee laughed "who knows, you could have met 3 to 5 girls in your life doc and they are probably the nurses at the hospital."

Seun's smile died instantly as he remembered all the girls he had hurt from his days of being a player, all before med school, before he gave his life to christ, before he became this new man! He concentrated on his driving trying to sort through his aweful memories not once looking at kaylee.

Kaylee noticed that he was tensed, she watched as his jaw twitched and his arm muscles tighten. She figured it was something sensitive to him, so she looked out of her window and hummed to the song playing.

"Trust me I have met many girls in my life" Seun finally spoke up.

Kaylee looked at him and discovered that the tensed look had been replaced with a steady smile.

"Okay well, keep telling yourself that. As long as it helps you sleep at night" she replied trying to keep the playfulness in their discussion.
They drove around for a while talking, laughing and listening to songs after songs. The night had descended upon them several hours back as seun drove kaylee back home.
He was out quickly as he opened the door for her.

"Thank you very much for the drive. I had fun"

Seun tucked both his hands in the front pockets of his Jean trouser and kicked a stone lying infront of him. "Sure!" He looked up at her and caught her eyes. They were so black and beautiful, Seun had to look away. "I will call you." He said returning to his side of the car.
Kaylee expected a hug or atleast something more from seun. She could not understand why he acted the way he did. She watched in silence as he pulled the car into the drive way and sped away.
Kaylee turned around and looked at her sister's apartment dreading what the rest of the night had for her.