Chapter 3

Demarcus P.O.V

After I had finished my last lap I took a long shower and went to the short team meeting where we could talk about the players that will be chosen to go to the NFL try outs and then selected by a team depending on the position you play, your weaknesses and your strengths.

Right now I'm sitting behind everyone since I'm a newbie I I don't really know anyone.
"So does everyone get why you have to work really hard for the next month and show up to every practice because on of  the major coaches might just show up unexpectedly and select one of you to be in his team understood " the couch shouted and we replied by saying "yes coach "before going our separate ways .

When I was in the locker room a few of my teammates welcomed me some where very unhappy to see me. "So welcome and how was you first day of practice " one of my teammates named Klay . "The practice was really nice and a bit tiring  though " I said "well get used to it" Tyron said with attitude I just nodded my head and left the other men in the changing room before heading to the bus station because I didn't have a car yet.

After the bus ride I arrived in the bad side of town where I lived with my siblings . "Hey man how was practice " my older brother drake asked me . "It was ok "I simply replied "where's ahliaya" I asked "she's doing her home work "  he replied . " ok man I gotta go to work see ya later don't forget to cook supper " he said then left the house,after he left the house I checked up on ahliaya and the went to my room.

After about an hour of day dreaming on what it would be like if I had go a spot in one of the best teams , I went to go cook food for myself,my sister and brother when he comes back from work which is maybe a midnight. After I made supper my sister and I ate and made silly jokes and laughed , then when we finished she went to bed and so did I after I locked the house up.

- The next day -
I woke up early bathed then went to practice and at the end of practice the coach wanted to see me in his office

"hello Demarcus how are you" coach Klay "I'm fine thank you sir. Is there anything wrong? " I said calmly but nervous in the inside " no no there is nothing wrong I see that you have potential and I want you to take a day off so that on Wednesday I can take you to one of the finest teams here and maybe join us for the selection you might be lucky enough to make it to the big leagues ok" he said

"oh thank you very much sir " I said with all the happiness in my heart
Then he said " now go home and eat healthy and no smoking,drinking,gambling u know the rules ok " he said looking me in the eye ." Ok sir " I said

"ok you are dismissed " he said then left. After that I rushed home to tell my brother and sister who where both excited then we all went to bed.