Chapter 1

The engine of the car hums quietly as it drives down the long windy abandoned road to the target destination. Amora sat in the passenger seat slumped against the window as she looked out of it, whilst though she found the view of the forest and open fields calming, she was growing rather impatient. For she has been trapped in this car for a few hours with the man that Elijah had hired to take her to the address that he had told her to meet at.

"How much longer till we get there?" Amora asked as she tilted her head to face the man.

"Not long, maybe another forty minutes" The driver answered not bothering to face the girl.

Amora let out an annoyed groan for she was tired of being trapped in this car for so many hours and was eager to get out and stretch her legs again. However, instead lowers the chair back until it is almost as far back as it goes and moves into a comfy position before closing her eyes as she decides to take a nap to pass the time.

"Wake me up when we get there," Amora instructs with a small yawn as she starts to drift off to sleep.

***

Amora wakes to the man shaking her, instructing her to wake up once more. "I'm up, I'm up!" The young brunette grumbles as she shuffles to sit up and rub her eyes before reaching down to her feet to grab her backpack and opens the door to the car. Pausing to turn to face the man again. "Thank you for the lift" She smiles before climbing out of the car and slams the door shut.

She takes a few steps back and watches the man drive off and into the distance before making her way up the stairs of the abandoned mansion, only to stop when she reaches the front door. For she immediately senses that something is wrong inside and listens carefully for any movement inside when she hears nothing she gently reaches for the handle and quietly opens the door.

Amora walks inside the mansion stopping only a few inches away from the exit and looks around to see if she can see anything out of the ordinary or anyone trying to hide from her when she sees nothing she lets out a small sigh and shakes her head.

"Elijah?" The young vampire calls out only to hear no response from her older brother.

She starts to look around the bottom floor of the house trying to look for her brother and was starting to doubt that he was here, which meant either two things, he gave her the wrong address or is running late.

She reaches into her bag and pulls out her phone and starts to look for his contact and just as she moves to place her finger on the call button, she hears movement upstairs. She pauses for a moment trying to see if the noise was real or in her mind, only to hear more rustling. Amora quickly places her phone back in her bag before rushing upstairs to where the rustling was coming as she feared it could either be an intruder or someone who has come to harm her.

She lets out a sigh of relief as she realises it is no threat but Elijah jumping down from the wall and walks into the room to hug him.

"Elijah!" She beams as she hugs him her smile quickly fades though as she sees that he has been stabbed. "What happened?" She asks with a small frown.

"Come, little sister," Elijah instructs as he breaks the hug and starts moving towards the entrance of the door. "We have much to discuss."