" Your more than welcome and when I see your parents I'll have a little talk with them " Dad said frowning.

" Honey your more than welcome " Mom said giving him a hug which he returned.

" Tommy, where is your aunt and uncles house ? " Dad said now looking at Tommy who just stood there watching us. He was up now and wiping his glasses off with his shirt.

" Ummm in Baltimore somewhere near paintersmill. They live in an apartment complex. " He said putting his glasses back on.

" Perfect, here's plan A we go back through Baltimore and pick up your aunt and uncle. Then I know a little back road that shouldn't be shut down but there is a possibility that it is shut off its very old it will get us through the border. Plan B is to keep safe and stay here and try and wait it out " Dad said handing Gabe over to mom.

" Wait it out ? I don't know if you guys have seen it but those things ate the police I don't think they're coming to save us and even if they were we aren't on the top of the list !!! " Tommy said almost yelling.

" Will you keep your voice down please and we do know that, but I am Gaberail Carters. " Dad said like it reassured us that he is one of thee world famous business men.

" What's that suppose to mean ? "

" You don't know who I am ? I am one of thee most famous business men in the world. " Dad said letting his ego take charge.

" Oh, well are people coming ? " He said slowly.

" No "

" Well okay then " Tommy said.

" Well I think we should try option one " Mom said breaking some of the tension.

" Me too " Cal said.

" Yeah me too if we stay here we don't know how long this place will be safe or if it is safe, those things could be lurking around waiting for us or something. " I said also.

" Okay I say we leave out the back door and stick to the side streets. We need to find something to eat though, I haven't eaten anything since lunch time yesterday " Mom said.

" Yeah we shou-" Dad was interrupted by a sharp scream followed by a deep growl. We turned to look out the windows . Three of those things chased down a boy, he looked about twelve from here. He had blonde hair that was now covered in blood. Those things trampled him then began eating him starting with the head and brain.

" We need to leave now " Dad said in a whisper.

" The back door !" Cal whispered. We all ran to the back door

" Unlock it ! " Dad whispered, he unlocked and we all stepped out. The bright sun light hit my face. I was the last to get out, the group started to run. I stood there still shocked, I couldn't move. I just couldn't believe that thing ate that little boy. I starred at the sun.

I was pulled from my trance. Someone was pulling my arm. I looked up and it was Cal of corse. He was yelling at me. I tried to say something anything but all that came out was a string of mumbles. Then everything went black...

Cal's POV:

We all were running hoping those things around the front weren't after us. I turned around and didn't see Viv. She was the last one to go out, without letting the rest of the group know I turned around and went back ... for Viv I can't let her die not my freckles. We weren't very far from the group and the shop we should be able to catch up. I ran back and saw her standing looking up at the sun. What the hell is she doing ?

" Viv!! Move !!! " I yelled to her as I ran towards the back door. I pulled her arm. She just mumbled a jumble of words. Then she fell down, luckily I caught her she fainted just great. I picked her up bridal style and started on a fast jog. I have to catch up with the group. It's a good thing I am one of the fastest runners in the region. I actually attended the championship for track. We had to run five kilometers and pass a baton to the others. Our school came in first, I saw the group up ahead about twenty meters.