Chapter 4 ♛

♛ Chapter 4 ♛

Anastasia ♛

"Excuse me?" I asked the man with raised eyebrows.

"It's nice to see you again..." He repeated tilting his hat up a little so I can now see his eyes.

"I don't think I know you..." I replied back still confused.

"Come on, it's only been a day or two since I bumped into your daughter." He stated making my mind instantly clicked.

He's the guy with the big pink lips and perfect jawline.

"Oh, I remember you now. You're the guy that likes to pick up other people's children." I said harshly before turning back towards the bar.

"You should've been paying attention to your daughter maybe I wouldn't have had to pick her up." He replied back making me turn towards him fast.

"I do pay attention to my daughter thank you very much!" I snapped getting angry.

He shook his head like he didn't believe me.

"Look here, I take very well care of my daughter and she always have my full attention just because she ran off once while I was busy doesn't mean anything. I have to take care of that little girl all by myself with no one to help me, I can barely keep a roof over her head or provide her with the things that she needs so I'm sorry if I can't keep my eyes on her all the time." I explained to him damn near in tears.

I don't know why but I broke down then and there.

Here I am pretending things are fine and everything's going all smooth but it's not at all. I'm slowly breaking on the inside and I have no one to fix the pieces, truth is I don't think anyone can.

I got up from the bar and began walking towards the entrance.

I'm not even gonna bother to look for Anya to take me home. I'll just walk, I don't live far from here.

Once I went outside the cold air hit me making me wrap my arms around my body. I should've known to bring a jacket or something, New York is pretty chilly this year around.

I quickly walked down the street heading towards my house.

All I could hear was the sounds of cars, the laughs of young adults who are probably too drunk, and the sound of my feet hitting the ground.

I felt a hand tug on my arm turning me around.

"Are you okay?" Bryson asked me as I am now facing him.

I shook my head no.

"Here, you must be freezing." He said taking off his jacket and handing it to me.

I gave him a small smile thankfully.

The scent of his cologne instantly hit me once I slid the jacket onto my chocolate arms.

"I know it's pretty late and I'm a complete stranger but do you want to go for a walk?" He asked putting his hands into his jean pockets.

I could've just walked away when he asked me that but my curiosity got the best of me. I can't help but to want to know this person more and like Anya always says "You need to live a little more."

"Sure." I said speaking for the first time since he pulled me aside.

"Okay, let's walk." He stated before motioning for me to walk before him.

***

During our walk we talked and talked about the things going on in each of our lives. We aren't different that much. We're both single parents, we both have deadbeat baby mamas & baby daddies, and we both are at a time in our life where we feel alone. We hate feeling alone.

"How do you do it?" Bryson asked me out of no where as we decided to sit by a pond.

"Do what?" I questioned him with raised eyebrows.

"You said that you have a hard time taking care of Casey..." He stated.

"Well, since my boss has a strong disliking for children she cuts my checks a little bit every time she sees Casey in the shop , so I have to borrow money from my sister. I feel so bad not being able to fend for myself and Casey. I brought this little girl into the world and I'm not even able to give her everything." I explained to him a tear falling out of my eye.

I feel helpless and it's driving me crazy.

"Well what about a different job?" He asked me.

"This is New York, do you know how hard it is to find a good paying job that's willing to let me bring Casey with me? Plus I didn't go to college or anything, there's only so many places graduating high school will get you." I told him.

He nodded his head in understanding.

He wrapped his arm around my neck,

"Things will get better, I promise."

___________________________
Anastasia in mm 😍😘

Kind of short but it'll be longer next time.

What do you guys think?
Comment below
Vote please
Comment vote follow

Xoxo - Msfanfictional 👑