I fell backwards onto my bed, sighing. “I honestly don’t know.”

“Maybe you should just talk to him.” He offered.

I sat up and shook my head, “I don’t think that would work. He thinks I hate him.”

“Natalie, he doesn’t think you hate him.” Zayn promised.

“But he’s all upset because I said I didn’t like him! He obviously thinks that I don’t like him.”

“Natalie. Exactly. He’s upset because you don’t like him.” He argued.

I looked up at him from where I was sat, “that can’t be it.” I denied.

“Natalie, do you like Niall?”

“No I don- I- I don’t t-.”

“Natalie, just think about it for a second.” He pleaded.

“Zayn I don’t know.” I sighed, putting my head into my hands.

“Why are you even denying it? Of course you like him!”

“But I don’t think he likes me! That’s the whole point! Why should I even try if I’m not going to get anything out of it?” I cried.

“Hey.” Zayn came over and sat next to me. “Look, I know for a fact that he likes you.”

“Just leave it Zayn.” I sighed.

Zayn stood up, ready to leave, “Hey Natalie, could I have the sheet with your song lyrics on please?” He asked quietly.

“Why?”

“I just want to... um...”

I rolled my eyes, “whatever, just take it.” I yawned, passing it too him.

He thanked me and smiled, before turning around and leaving the room quietly.

I frowned at how quiet it was and lay down, ready to go to sleep before I hit my leg on something that lay on my bed.

I sat up and looked around before I lay my eyes on my laptop that lay there, almost falling off the bed.

My hands immediately reached for it before it fell and I placed it on my bedside table, sighing.

Niall probably left it there from when he had finished his Twitcam.

Niall.

I honestly don’t know what to do.

Do I talk to him? Ignore him?

I don’t know what happened. One day I liked him, but then I convinced myself I didn’t.

Do I?

I guess I’ll just think about it tomorrow. Right now I’m too tired.

I got changed into some pyjamas, brushed my teeth and got into bed, willing myself to go to sleep.

It was quiet in the rest of the house, maybe the others had decided to call it a night too. But I could still hear rain pelting against the window loudly and to add to that, it was absolutely freezing. Didn’t one of the boys put the heating on before they went to bed?

I pulled the covers up under my chin, shivering.

My eyes travelled over to the clock that sat on my nightstand and I gaped at the time.

It’s 2:03am! Why am I up right now?

I shook my head and stood up, cringing as my bare feet touched the cold floor. I slipped my feet into some slippers and grabbed a blanket, wrapping it around myself before I left the room and crept down the stairs quietly.