Chapter 14

Alicia's P.O.V

Somehow I had managed to escape my titan form safely and left it smoking in the forest. Right now being a titan-shifter like Yeager was the least of my worries.

"Where did they go?" I was zipping at high speed through the forest trying to find the Survey Corps. My heart should have been thudding so hard in my chest I thought it might explode, but I couldn't muster any emotion. My best bet to find them was to go to the edge of the forest but I didn't know where that was so I had chosen a random direction to go in.

Finally after what felt like half hour I saw light filtering through the edge of the trees. As I got closer and closer I could hear the thud of a titans footsteps. I glanced behind me but there was nothing there. That could only mean one thing.

My heart rose and fell at the same time. They were there, the Survey Corps, but there was a titan chasing them and with nothing to use their 3D-Gear, they were defenseless.

Finally I made it to the edge of a tree and froze on a thick branch. I saw the caravan of wounded people and dead bodies, I think I saw Yeager in one, so I knew he wasn't dead. What wasn't was the 15 meter titan chasing them. They were shoving limp bundles off the carts as if to distract the titan but it wasn't working.

(A/n:start Reluctant Heros OST. This makes the scene more epic. Cut it off once she lands.)

I squinted my eyes. I could make it with my 3D-Gear but it would be hard. Not to mention I had never actually killed a titan before, but none of that mattered. I had to try.

I anchored my ropes to the tree and ran back, when I felt enough tension in the ropes I let go and went flying through the sky.

A human slingshot. Weird

I straightened myself out, flying straight for the titans nape. Once I was close enough I shot my 3D-Gear ropes just below the titans nape. Then I took a deep breath before pushing what gas I had left out of my gas tanks and shot through the air towards it's nape. Suddenly I started flipping, my blades slashing in and even pattern as I flashed through the air.

Before I knew it I heard a disgusting schlick noise and felt blood spatter all over me. Then the titan fell and took me with it. I didn't fall over when I hit the ground thankfully.

I stood and shook off my blades before puting back in their metal sheth. I looked up and pushed my bangs out of my face to see the entire caravan had stopped and everyone was staring at me and I stared back, emotionless and breathing heavily.

Suddenly Commander Erwin appeared from the caravan looking as uninterested as usual.

I hopped into a salute. He ignored everyone around him and seemed to zero in on me.

"Cadet Montez I see your alive. I have many questions." Then he raised his voice "Someone get her a horse. Alicia, once you have a horse come to the front."

I nodded and hopped from the titan to the horse another cadet had brought me. It was strangely farmiliar.

"Rayne?" I felt her nicker. "That's one farmiliar face. Alright, we have to go meet Commander Smith."

On my way to the front I passed Captain Levi and he looked horrible. I felt nothing. I didn't even feel regret or guilt.

When I made it to the front of the formation I saw Hanji-san along with Commander Erwin and that guy who sniffs people. I think his name is Mike.

"You wanted to see me?" I asked.

"Explain."

I knew what he was talking about. Though his face remained fix to the horizon, his voice was taunt, almost angry.