Chapter 10

Alicia's P.O.V

(A/N:It's been 2 or 3 weeks since last chapter)

Expedition. The word rang inside my head. Expedition. Death. Fear
. Terror. Everything I had signed up for.

"You have a week to get prepared, get a first aid kit together and such." As if it was an afterthought Captain Levi added "and your nerves together." Before leaving the room.

I stood still staring at the door the Captain had left through. Suddenly I shook my head.

Snap out of it Alicia. You knew this would happen, it's what you trained for.

You didn't train very well though.

The little voice of doubt rang in my head but I forced it away. Life or death on an expedition could be decided by a single moment of quick thinking. A slight hesitation, a seconds doubt and I would be titan chow.

Suddenly another figure flew I to the room stopping just in front of me. "Have you heard!" Yeager's excited shouts echoed in the empty room.

I nodded and turned to begin packing my things. "Captain Levi just left."

"Well? Aren't you excited?" His voice rang with nervous excitement as if he wasn't sure how to feel about it either.

"Well, I knew it was coming, it does not mean I'm happy about it."

I heard much softer footsteps in the short silence that followed my answer.

"Eren, you shouldn't run off like that. You almost tripped." Mikasa's quiet voice cut off the silence.

He waved her off. "I was going to the infirmary anyway. Where's Armin?"

I was no physic but I could see worry flash across her face before she answered. "He's not taking it nearly as well as you are. He ran off to his room."

I sighed. "He's probably having a breakdown of sorts. I'll talk to him. I could use someone to talk to myself. Catch you later Yeager, Mikasa." I waved at them on my way out the door.

I made my way to the room where the blonde was staying and knocked on the oak door. "Armin? Can I come in?"

There was silence before I heard his small voice through the door. "Alicia?"

"Uh-huh."

There was a click and with and groan the door swung open. He hadn't been crying I could tell that much and his room was as clean as ever except his bed-well the corner of his bed.

While most of the bed was perfectly made, the top right corner that was nestled into a corner of the room that was wrinkled and crumpled as if he had curled into a ball on them.

"You doin okay?" I asked and cocked my head to one side.

He chuckled and scratched the back of his neck. "About as well as you are I would think."

"Well there aren't things thrown around your room so that's better than me." I smiled. "So an expedition huh."

"I knew one was unavoidable, but I didn't think there would be one so soon." He dropped his hand from his neck.

I nodded. "Didn't we all." I sighed. "So, wanna stop having a pity party by yourself and have an 'Oh My God I'm Gonna Die Party' with friends?"

He laughed. "Sure."

On the way back to the infirmary I noticed the heavily subdued air that lay like a blanket across HQ.

Everyone is just as scared as we are. Except maybe Hanji-San, Captain Levi, and Commander Smith. I thought.

As we neared the infirmary I could hear the sounds of arguing slipping out of the door. I could practically feel the tick mark on my head.

I hated fighting between humans. I had no problem slicing the neck off a titan if I could ever get close enough but the minute two people started fighting I got annoyed. It was the only thing that could get me rallied up so quickly.

I entered the room quietly without anyone noticing to see Yeager and Horseface insulting each other with all they had. I groaned.

Although I don't normally resort to violence, fights between these to idiots don't end unless someone-or both of them- get hit upside the head.

I strolled up to them and cleared my throat. "Excuse me."

When they turned their faces to me, I dropped my fists on the top of their heads.

"Please don't fight in the infirmary." I sighed. Then I went to the freezer and pulled out two ice packs.

"Can we panic like civilized people please?" I handed the boys an ice pack.

Jean tscked but accepted the ice pack and Yeager mumbled an apology.

"Thank you. I understand we all have put way of coping but if that way is fighting take it to Captain Levi."

Then I sat on a bed and fell back, spreading my arms out. A silence fell upon the room. "Hey..." I said after some time. "Did you ever think about what things would be like if the titans had never attacked in the first place?"

No one spoke for some time until Armin answered quietly. "All the time."

I heard Jeans clothes ruffle and assumed he had nodded.

"It would be boring as crap though." Eren muttered.

"But it would be safer as well." I told myself quietly outloud. Then I raised my voice. "But it's not like we can go back now right? We signed up for this. Let's be brave about it."

Time skip brought to you by Levi's spotless cravat

Let's be brave about it

My words echoed in my head and I shivered, pulling my cloak tighter around me.

Easier said than done, me.

Sure being brave is easy from an infirmary but now that danger is staring me in the face it's harder. Much harder. But still I didn't want to be weak so I sucked in a breath and stared and the stared the stone wall in front of me.

"Montez."

Corporal's cool voice broke through my thoughts.

"Y-Yes sir?"

"Are you scared?"

I smiled. "Sorta."

"Anyone in their right mind would be." He replied.

"Are you in your right mind Corporal?"

I swear I saw the ghost of a smile flit across his face. "I guess not."

I laughed but stopped as the noise of my laughter was drowned out by the dull roar and groan of the doors opening. I took a deep breath and gripped Rayne's reins tightly.

"LET THE 57TH SURVEY CORPS EXPEDITION.....BEGIN!"

Oooookey that's done! Hope you enjoyed!

LIKE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

VOTE

Love- Cat