one

Day 1,825. Skylar James put the next tally mark on the wall with the others. 1,825 excruciatingly painful days is how long the young girl has endured. The funny thing about this situation is that she not entirely sure where here is. From her time spent in captivity, Skylar learned that her maker's name is HYDRA.

Skylar was the first chosen for this "program." The idea behind it was to restore and sustain peace, at least that's what she was told. With each passing day came a new test or experiment of sorts and the likelihood of someone saving her from this place grew slim.

When she was brought here, Skylar was told numerous times that this would help control the abilities she discovered many years ago, that everything would be okay and she was ultimately safe.

But Skylarwas the farthest thing from okay and safe.

Baron Wolfgang von Strucker was the man in charge of overseeing the entire program. This man has helped Skylar with her newfound  powers...in a way. By doing so, he has enhanced them.

The girl leaned back against one of the walls in the room she was kept and crossed her fragile legs. Her bright eyes shut for a brief second as she exhaled a sigh. A tingling sensation crept up her as the heat spread throughought her entire body. The thing was, Skylar didn't even feel the pain of it anymore-her the body had become accustomed to it. She watched, feeling a sense of admiration as the red glow formed from her small wrist to her hand. After discovering that she could manipulate matter with just her mind, Strucker wanted to see what else she was capable of. Eventually, she would be able to emit energy from her body. Needless to say Skylar was without a doubt Strucker's prized possession.

1,825

Today was the day Skylar was escaping this never-ending labyrinth, and would have her chance at vengeance.

They were going to suffer, just as I did.

____

Hey lovelies! Here's a late little Christmas present :) I know it's super short, but I kinda wanted it to be like that for the first chapter because it gives you a hint into Skylar's life and gets you thinking.

I hope you all had a wonderful day!

Vote/comment: let me know what you think!