Chapter 7

Chapter Seven

    A dark shadow drifted through the corridors, creating a sort of chilly atmosphere...the shadow spotted the students walking through the halls and quickly turned around, as if it were doing some sort of spying. It walked through the same corridors that the students had walked through, and silently slipped through another darker, hidden door, unseen from the tour party. The shadow silently flitted through the room until it reached a long, black chair, with another figure sitting on it, slumped forward, a dagger stretched across it's legs.

    “What have you found for me?” asked a cold voice.

    “The students...t-t-they are here...” stuttered the shadow.

    “I know that...where are they headed?”

    “Well—they just left the guard houses and are now headed toward them...lemme think...ah yes...another set of the cells...”

    “And what do you suppose we shall do about that? They are tresspassing through this asylum...as long as I am here, there will be no trespassing...”

    “I shall find them...sir...and make them pay...”

    “Is that all?” The figure slumped in the chair looked pleased with himself.

    “No—No...” stuttered the shadow. “We shall find them and kill them.” The shadow's face distorted into a face of pure hatred and bloodlust.

    “And how will you manage on doing that?” asked the cold voice.

    The shadow stood there, stunned. “Me? Master? What about you?”

    “Ha ha no,” laughed the figure in the chair. “I don't need to do my own dirty work...just you to do the dirty work for me...”

    “Fine,” muttered the shadow, lowering its head.

    “But we will find the crystal no matter what,” said dark figure said, slumped in the chair.

    “Yes master,” the shadow said, slowly slinking out of the room.