Chapter 13: Free Me

Start from the beginning

Trae: Syd! Can you let Jakiyah know that I'm sorry and that girl ain't mean nothing to me. (1:15 am)

Sydney: Trae mane! How you gone do that girl dirty like that. I'm not telling her nothing. I told you before she not like them other hoes. (1:16 am)

Trae: come on Sydney, you posed to be my sister... You know I ain't mean no harm😒. I messed up, we both know that... (1:17 am)

Sydney: I'm not tellin her nothing! You figure that shit out. Every time I try and give you advice you always do the opposite, so you fix this. (1:19 am)

Trae: That's how it is? 💯💯💯💯 don't switch up because you got a new friend and shit, we much more than that. Or at least I thought. Remember who had your back when nobody did. That's wild that I can't fuxk with my "closest" homies no more (1:23 am)

Sydney: Mane stop that shit T dawg. You know you my people. Don't start that paragraph stuff frfr. You my bro forever but you did Jay dirty 💯 I'll never switch up for nobody but you know I don't stand for that cheating stuff and I'm not biting my tongue for nobody, not even you. (1:26 am)

Trae: We can talk about this in person soon 👌🏾✌🏾️ (1:30 am)

Sydney let me read their messages and I just shook my head. It was like he was trying to play the victim or something. I need to go to sleep, I do not need him stressing me out. Maybe if I sleep on it, I'll feel better about the situation.

Thursday

It's been almost a week since I found Trae cheating on me. I feel better about it now, and I'm no longer sad or crying about it. That's his loss, I know I did my part and was a good girlfriend to him. When we got to school Monday he tried to talk to me, but I gave him the cold shoulder. Tuesday, he was at it again and I had to let him know I'm through with him. After that he seemed to get the message and didn't say anything to me. The phone calls stopped, so did the texts and following me around the school. Yesterday he got suspended for arguing with our teacher. They argued about Trae thinking he was a tough guy and next thing you know him and the teacher stood face to face in the front of class. I wanted to tell Trae to sit down, but that was none of my business. Since he's not here, school seems more peaceful now. The school day wasn't as dreadful and it actually went by pretty fast. As soon as I got home, I relaxed and thought about how nice it was being single. I scrolled my phone and then received a random phone call. I was hesitant to answer it because I never answered for random numbers, but something told me to pick up.

Hello...
You have a collect call from: Trae

I held the phone and thought to myself, why would this nigga call me out of all people! He just can't seem to keep himself out of trouble. I accept the call to see what it is that wants.

Jay! I know you told me to leave you alone, but nobody else picking up.

What does that have to do with me Trae, what you then got yourself into?

Look, I just need you to bail me out. I swear I'll pay you back as soon as I get to my house. I got the money, so you'll get it back.

What?! Where's all your niggas at? Where's the females you been laid up with?

Please, man. I don't have time for you to beat me up about my mistakes right now. They about to make me get off the phone. Do this for me.... Please.