*Chapter Fifteen*

Sneaking up in the bushes, with Jake, Jasper, and Scarlet following behind me, I watch Pan talk to the three woman tied with vines to the 'Thinking Tree'. The woman stand there, helpless, as they talk to Pan.

   "Are you finished?" Regina asks, clearly annoyed.

   "Last words from the Queen. Perhaps a deathbed confession from the one who has the most to regret of all," Pan says, walking over to her slowly.

   "Yeah, there's one problem with that. I did cast a curse that devastated an entire population. I have tortured and murdered. I've done some terrible things. I should be overflowing with regret, but I'm not." Scarlet snorts, and I shoot her a look, telling her to stay quiet.

   We watch as Regina breaks out of the vines, allowing Emma and Snow to break free too. "Because it got me my son." I watch in awe as Regina stomps over to Pan and sinks her hand into his chest, making Pan gasp, losing his breath as she rips out Henry's heart. He falls to the ground and drops the box that holds the Dark One. Regina leans over to pick it up, and I can do nothing but watch Pan lay there and gasp for air.

   "Now let's go save Henry."

   As soon as they walk away, I push past the bushes and run over to Pan, kneeling next to him and helping him sit up.

   "Are you okay? What do you need?" I ask quickly. He laughs quietly, and shakes his head.

   "I'm fine, Liz," He says, as Scarlet comes up behind me and helps me pull Pan to his feet. He wraps his arm around my shoulder to steady himself, and leans his head close to mine to thank me quietly.

   "Okay, Liz, tell me why we are helping him," Jake says.

   "I think you forget that Neverland is my home too. And Pan is the only one who can save it. I'm not just going to sit by and watch. So you can either help me, or go find something better to do with your life," I say flatly. Jake raise his eyebrows and nods his head slowly.

   "Fine. What do we need to do?"

   I look up at Pan, who is still holding onto me for support, but standing up straighter now.

   "I can teleport, but only for a short distance. I need to get close to their ship," He says, as Scarlet nods her head.

   "We have a boat that we can take you on," She says. "We can just drop you off, and we'll climb aboard after you teleport to where you need to go." He nods his head, looks down at me, and smiles.

   "Let's go then."

******************************

   Jasper and Jake are rowing the small boat towards the 'Jolly Roger', as Pan leans his head on mine, and Scarlet sits off to the side. I close my eyes and sigh, not fully grasping what is going on right now.

   "What's going on in that pretty head of yours, I wonder," Pan says quietly, without even lifting his head.

   "I don't know," I say, in almost a whisper. The sounds of the soft waves make it so that no one can hear our conversation. "Are you going to be okay?"

   "I'll be fine. Don't worry about me. Pan-"

   "Never fails," I finish. He smiles at me and nods his head. We near the ship and I sigh, Pan wraps his arm around me as he sits up.

   "We will be fine," He whispers, turning to look at me with those dark green eyes. I smile, he pulls me into a hug, and my eyes widen. I never really thought that Peter Pan would be hugging me... Or anyone actually.