fifteen.

Day 11.

I had no recollection of when exactly I fell asleep last night, though when I woke up and realized I was tucked beneath the protective arm of Jack, all the events of the previous day came flooding back to me. With Jack still sound asleep, I had no probable reason for getting up just yet, and so I laid in pure bliss, basking in the security of his bed. Alas, the cozy paradise was short-lived as I heard the door creak open and in popped two familiar knuckleheads.

"Holy shit," Sammy whispered rather loudly.

"Is she naked?" Nate asked. My eyes widened. Tell me they weren't thinking that me and Jack– Oh God no.

I lifted my head and squinted in their direction, seeing as I could barely see two feet in front of me without my glasses or contacts.

"What are you doing?!" I half-whispered, half-yelled, trying not to stir Jack's slumber.

"Did y'all really fuck this time?" Sammy blurted out, louder than intended, which startled Jack awake.

"What the.." He groaned, a yawn escaping his lips as he rubbed harshly at his eyes. "–hell are you doing in here?"

"What the hell are you doing fucking our poor little Marley?" Nate retorted. My face exploded in colors of pink, due to both embarrassment and irritation.

"Guys!" I shouted, catching all three of the boys' attention. "Jack and I didn't have sex, and we never will, but that's none of your business anyway!"

Both Sam and Nate's eyes went wide, and their mouths slowly formed an 'o' as they nodded their heads.

"Our bad. We're just gonna.. go.. and pretend this never happened. Sorry!" Sam sputtered out before he and Nate scrambled away from the doorway. I took a deep breath, brushing back the stray hairs that had become undone from my topknot overnight.

"Never, Marley?" Jack asked beside me. I had almost forgotten he was here with me.

"Never what?" I sighed, deciding that the opportunity for a perfect morning was long gone.

"You said we'd never have sex."

My eyes went wide and my cheeks were once again set ablaze before they could even return to their natural color.

"I didn't mean– I mean not that I want to– I just–" My inability to process full thoughts only worsened my blush, which Jack found amusement in, his laughter clearing the stuffy atmosphere in the room.

"I'm just teasing, Mar. It's okay, I get it." He assured me.

As I wallowed in the awkward silence, I peered over at Jack and wondered if he ever felt as flustered as I did whenever we were around each other because most times he seemed so carefree and sure of himself. We were total opposites, in more ways than one, and sometimes it was intimidating how he almost always got what he wanted, like he had a certain power over me.

"Marley?" Jack waved a hand in front of my face, startling me in the slightest bit. "What were you thinking about?" He chuckled.

"Nothing important." I pressed my lips into a tight smile. "So what are we doing today?"

"Actually," An authentic grin spread across his features as the cherry on top to his very adorable morning face, "I thought I'd let you pick."

     J A C K     

When I decided to let Marley take over the reins for the day, the last thing I had expected her to want to do was go swimming again. I thought she would want to stay in bed again all day or maybe go to the bookstore we passed the other day. I mean, to be fair, the other day was hella fun and I'm not complaining, but this girl was beginning to surprise me a lot more than I surprised her.