Chapter 6

Hi everyone, sorry if this chapter is a bit lame, it's basically just a build up to the next one. Before you go ahead and read I would just like to announce that during this story (or it's sequels) there will be the children of some of characters such as: Katniss and Peeta, Effie and Haymitch, Cinna and said wife/girlfriend and maybe some more so I am holding a competition.

All you have to do is send me/ comment a profile for your child character, it should contain name, parents, appearence, interests, things/ people that they like or dislike and age that they come into the story
(if not at birth) like maybe Cinna's kids could come into the story already born. You can have more that one entry but no more that three, the winner's characters will be featured in the story. Please enter your ideas Xxx

- Grace Xxx

Effie POV

"Thats because it is really special to me," I snap. From the way he reacts I think he meant to say it inside his head however that doesn't make me feel bad for snapping, after all, he knows nothing about me. Plutarch gave me that necklace and it's unimagenably special to me. Angrily I stomp out the room and walk into the lift.

"And for your information, I gid not just pick it up off the street!" I yell.

I need to go get some air right now, then again, it's almost time for the tributes parade and I really should get down there. Ugh, down to the tributes parade it is then. The more I think about it the more I realise I cant wait to see what Cinna's done to them, he's a great stylist and a great friend and I know Katniss and Peeta's costumes will be, in a word: unforgetable, because thats what Cinna does, he turns something ordinary into something amazing. Not that the kids are ordinary of course, in fact they are anything but, I can feel it.

You could hear the click of my heals from a mile off as I strode down the wide corridor that lead to the chariot room where Katniss and Peeta would be be waiting for me; Haymitch was suppost to be coming too but I dont think he will, I mean, he might show up to watch the parade but he'll proberbly want to spend as little time with me as possible after..... earlier.

I greet the kids with the biggest smile I can possibly muster and proceed to fuss over them, tucking some hair behind Katniss's ear here, feeding the horses some sugar lumps there, acting like a true Capitol escort would, considering the surcomstances I'm pretty proud of myself. Pausing for a moment I take a minute to admire Cinna's work, they really do look amazing. Peeta looks so grown up and hansome with his hair slicked back, his bright sapphire eyes shining brightly; and then Katniss, her hair braided into a wonderful, fierce design, her enchanting green eyes made so striking by the coal black colour of her costume. This is no place for such children, this is no place for any one, but certainly not them.

I walk over to Katniss and peeta, the sound of my heels advancing towards them catching their attention. I glance over at Katniss but find myself unable to look away; she looks so different from when I saw her in the woods 14 years ago, yet so much the same.

Oh, you've grown up so much my dear. I think to myself, but by the look on Katniss's face I clearly mustn't have. She looks confused, startled, wary. And then it dawns on me, I've made the same mistake as Haymitch had earlier, drat. Flustered, I rush off to my viewing booth that I will share with Haymitch, Cinna, Portia and the rest of the district 12 team. I sigh, as for me, the games have allready begun..

Katniss POV

"Oh, you've grown up so much my dear." The words play over in my again and again but I still can't make sense of them. Why would she say something like that? I mean I obviously must have grown up It's the way life goes but she said it like she knew me as a child, spent time with me, but she obviously hadn't, had she?

I can see Cinna coming over to us with something in his hand, it looks like.... fire? Well this could be interesting......

Haymitch's POV

For some reason I feel really bad about upseting Effie, I mean, normally when I insult her I'm too drunk to feel guilty but now I really do feel bad, proberbly because I'm sober. It's also confusing though, why would something like that be important to someone like her..... It just doesn't make any sense. I decide to head down to the tributes parade early and apoligise to Effie as thats proberby where she'll be, and you never know, maybe she'll be impressed, ahead of squedual and all that.

XxTime lapse to viewing roomxX

As I walk through the door of the viewing room I see Effie sat there all alone, she doesnt seem to notice that I came in, wierd, normally she's sharp and alert, this isn't like her. Cautiously I take a seat next to her and place my hand on her sparkly shoulder, why I do this, Who knows.

Immediately her head wipps around and for a second I think I see something along the lines of fear flash through her eyes, but even if it was there it is soon gone and replaced with one of content.

"Sorry about earlier," she says,

"You've got no need to opoligise," I reply, "It was my fault,"

"You, opoligising, are you sure your not drunk," She jokes, a small smile playing on her lips. Oh my god her lips, so pink and- Haymitch! What are even thinking, god I'm glad i didn't say that out loud. Snapping out of it I reply,

"Nope, completely sober I'm afraid," a short laugh escapes her lips, oh god haymitch, back to her lips, really, ugh but there just so.....

Before I can even register what I'm doing I'm already leaning in, and in, and in........

Hope you enjoyed it, lots of action in the next chapter, please enter my competition.

Stay smiley :)

- Grace Xxx