5 years later

You see, this chapter, is Wonderful, just Wonderful! (Please leave a comment)Xxx

-GraceXxx

Sigh. Carefully, I pull the ugly, green dress over my head, being extra cautious when it comes to getting it over my even uglier blue wig. Your proberbly wondering why I'm taking so much care if I hate my outfit so much, but if I dont abide by the 'rules' of a Capital teenager then both me and Plutarch pay the price, the ultimate price.

For the past 5 years I've been living with an old couple in the Capital: Bert and Lacy, they're well into their 60's and for Capital citizens they are actually very nice and they're the only ones who know my full story, well, besides Snow and Plutarch. Oh Plutarch. I havn't seen him since we were taken from the woods 5 years ago, and I miss him so so much.

Suddenly I hear shouting downstairs, It's Lacy, telling me to hurry up for today is my 16th birthday, and below me is a huge party thats jam packed full of food, drinks, people, and so many different colours I think my eyes are going to burn. But I have to bare it. For Plutarch.

Careful not to trip in my 6 inch heels, I make my way down into the multi- coloured hell of my 16th birthday party. You know, I once dreamed of having my 16th birthday in the woods, a quiet day, just me and Plutarch, maybe one or two presents, nothing like this though.

As I mingle and laugh with the guests some shout

"Happy birthday," and it makrs me sick. This is not a happy birthday, this is a horrid birthday. Sometimes I wish I could just yell at these pompus people, tell them my story, watch their cheery little faces turn into ones of shock and confusion. But I know that I can't, and sometimes, the truth of it makes me cry.

As I walk over to a group of teens from my school, I plaster a huge, fake smile on my face, and I become little miss cheery Trinket again. Wait..... What. Out of the corner of my eye I spot the horrible beard and poisenous presence that could only belong to one man,

Snow!
____________________________________

He beckons me over, leading me into Bert's study, I'm confused, why is he here, what is he doing?
Has something happened to Plutarch?

"Please sit, Miss Trinket" He says, I obey.

"Now, your proberbly wondering why I'm here," I nod in agreement, to scared to open my mouth. To scared to move.

"I must say, Miss Trinket, you've been doing rather well, at keeping to our agreement, however,"

Oh no....

"I don't feel that you are.... In the right mind set, to keep it up for much longer,"

He's not completely wrong,

"And so," He continues, "For the next 2 years you will under go training to become the district 12 escort,"

And with those 16 words, I feel my whole world crumble around me. I mean, the Capital, not seeing Plutarch, having to ware these stupid outfits; I could deal with it, just about. But this: sending inoccent children to their deaths, that was just going to far.

And then there's district 12, the memories, the memories of all thoses times in the woods that were so near to there. This was going to be hell.......