"Are you out of your mind? What did you just do in there?" Ashley asked me trying to keep her pace as mine.

Was I walking so fast?

I slowed down a bit and answered her, "Just got us out of class. It was boring anyway."

She shook her head at me. "Where do we go now?"

I stopped and looked at her.

"Did you just ask me that?" I was surprised with the sudden change in her. Normally she would just walk away and mind her own business.

But today?

Today she asked me where we were going.

And there Stacey said Ashley would be unusually moody.

Well, I like this mood of her.

Sure as hell!

"Yes, Ray." She folded her arms across her chest and brought me out of my trance.

I noticed a smile trying to make a way to her lips. She looked damn beautiful with that smile on her face.

"C'mon then!" I took her hand in mine and led her to the parking lot.

"Ray, you may have made me ditch Chemistry, but I have to attend other classes. So were not leaving the school premises."

"Yeah Miss Ashley!"

There was a narrow sidewalk beside the fences that led to that part of the school terrace where no one ever came. We took the stairs from a backside doorway and reached the terrace.

"No way!" Ashley looked stunned.

"Yes way!" I smiled at her.

"How do you come across such beautiful places?" She asked me.

Beautiful?

Well, it was just a terrace.

Just a terrace I had converted into a hangout spot by putting a big tent on it, the inside of which was a dark blue colour with silver dots on it so as to make it look like night time. Also, I had wired little LED lights everywhere to add to the effect.

"I've got a curious mind, you see." I said as I scratched the back of my neck.

She gave me a full blown smile and I was so glad she liked it.

I went close to her. It felt like she was drawing me towards her.

Her smile. It was enchanting.

I held her waist and she looked up at me.

Her eyes locked with mine. They were sadly happy.

It seemed as if she was trying to hide something that was going on inside her by showing that she was happy.

This was what forced happiness looked like. And it clearly didn't suit her.

I badly wanted to know what it was that was bothering her.

"Ray." She whispered to me as the soft of her hand touched my cheek and at that very instant I felt different.

Lighter.

I leaned in closer to her and stared at her when I was just a couple of inches away from her. Her eyes widened and I could hear her heart beating loudly as her cold breath fanned my lips.

She placed her free hand on my chest, "Ray, your phone."

"What about it?" I breathed and touched her lips gently with mine.