Chapter 2: Disaster

Three hours later

"Let's do this again," the priest said glaring his dark eyes into me. Here we were running the wedding but never getting it right because of me.

I kept dropping the ring, stuffing up my vows and my candle wouldn't light up. I was getting even more nervous as it was because I could feel Mrs Adelston's glare burning into my skull.

"With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine," his voice boomed through the chapel. I then took Mianna's hand and cleared my throat as I have done billions of time this evening.

"With t-this cand-Wait! no! I er..I mean um..HAND! Yes! Hand-" I chuckled nervously and earned an angry look. I then loosen the tie that clung to my neck with sweat. I looked in the corner of my eye and saw Mianna patiently, the sun making her skin look more flawless than the piano keys of the baby grand.

"Go on," his deep voice said not showing any support.

"With this hand I will lift your darkness-WAIT! My apologies,"

I know just now that my mother was tearing the ear of my father about how I was an idiot and failure to the family. I can't help it though, I was never taught how to act perfect.

Before it could be anymore disastrous, the doors opened with a loud click, turning all of our attention to the entrance, showing a 20 something year old guy standing there, looking rather handsome in his black suit. I gulped intimation as he strolled down the aisle.

"I'm so sorry to interrupt, but i have arrived early for the wedding tomorrow," the man said his voice smooth like a criminal. "I'm Mr Harrison George,"  he said before bowing towards my parents and Mianna's.

"Well, please have a seat," Mrs Adelston said eagerly, patting the seat next to her. It was clearly obvious that she wanted Mianna to be married to this snob.

"Please continue," he said with a smirk, almost as if wanting me to fail. Mianna and I then turned back to the priest with my confidence which was -100000

"Let's start again. May the power of Christ make this the last," the priest muttered the last bit. Bam! There goes all my confidence. "From 'hand please,"

"Hand right," I said quietly. I felt Mianna comforting hand squeeze gently and I relaxed a bit. "I will lift your sorrows," I took another breath.

"Your cup will n-never empty," I said grabbing the cup. Well, actually  I nearly dropped it but I caught it with both hands. Luckily the fake ring was in my jacket pocket. My smile turned into one of those fake side smiles which showed nervousness. The priest eyebrows would have been called a monobrow but being so up close you could tell that they were 2 very angry ones. I put the cup down so I wouldn't do any more further damage.

"Your cup will never be empty for I-I will b-be your wine," I then grabbed the candle and put it to the flame of the one that was supposed to connect us in our vows. I grabbed the ring out of my pocket, preparing for the next bit.

"With this candle, I will light..." I stopped speaking because the candle wouldn't take the flame. I tried again and it didn't work. I was silently praying in my head to make this damned candle to be lit. "With this candle, I will light.." I said waiting for the candle to be alight again, but burnt my pinky finger

"OUCH!" I let out, clutching my hand with my left, which led to the ring dropping onto the floor and rolling under Mrs Adelston's dress. Without thinking, I dove to the ground, trying to get the ring from underneath My future mother in law's feet. She continued to shriek as well as my mother telling me to get up. I don't know what father was doing it Mr Adelston was helping his wife to calm down. Mianna was probably trying to help her father but I definitely knew that Harrison was laughing in his inner mind sense.