~Chapter 22~

Chapter Song

Little Did You Know - Alex & Sierra

Dedicated to @GrishmaS who sent me a lovely private message with this attached chapter song. I had never heard it before until now and was really taken back that this lovely song reminded her of Salvo & Ade's relationship. Thank you so much!

_______________✏

Adriana began to exhale quick short breaths as she stared at Jason unable to take her eyes off him. She could hear her own heartbeat in her ears, her rapid pulse quickening without fail. Her senses were overtaking her, blocking out all other sounds around her.

She remained frozen behind the counter terrified to make a move secretly hoping this moment wasn't happening. That she was asleep in her apartment, Salvatore wrapped around her.

"Adriana. I... How are you?"

The sound of his voice tore through her. Her name leaving his lips made her stomach clench, she wanted to hurl at the sight of him, the sound of his voice. Nausea settling in through each and every pore on her body.
When Jason said her name everything felt wrong. It was nothing like the way Salvatore said it, not even close.

"Adriana." He shuffled to the side in an attempt to get closer to her. She immediately pushed against the counter backing herself up against one of the blue illuminated refrigerators.

She let out a small yelp once her body pressed flush against the cool refrigerator. The ice cold feeling against her immobile limbs instantly reminding her of the end of their relationship. The way he had used and left her in the end, a cold empty broken shell.

"Adriana can we maybe tal-"

"Stop." The word came out as a whisper, almost like a breath leaving her lips, there was no way he heard her, not over all the music and commotion.

"What?" He drew himself a little closer.

"STOP!" This time she screamed immediately alerting the surrounding patrons. She remained pressed up against the refrigerator unable to make a move, pressing harder against it hoping it would swallow her whole and take her away from here. Transport her somewhere else, anywhere, as long as she was far far away from here.

"Don't say my name. Don't EVER say my name." She drew her fingers into the palms of her hands, balling them unconsciously into tight fists.
Noticing movement from the corner of her eye, she briefly glanced in Salvatore's direction to find him taking long strides towards her.
She remained frozen on the spot, but she spoke to him through her eyes, pleading for his help.

"Adriana."

She allowed herself to exhale once more hearing her name from his lips, the way it should be said, the sound sweet music to her ears as she briefly closed her eyes savouring the moment before opening them to find the look of horror on Jason's face.

"Baby what's wrong?" Salvatore's hands were on her forearms attempting to lightly pull her away from the cold refrigerator. "You shouldn't be working here." He stated.

"Adriana!" Jason screamed her name instantly recognizing Salvatore as the man in his apartment. "Get away from him!" He took one step backwards a foot of space now between himself and the bar counter as he watched on horrified when Salvatore turned to face him.
"Get away from her you sick fùck!" Jason's words harsh, yet strangely ironic, but the look in his eyes revealed nothing but fear.