~Chapter 13~

Chapter Song

Until You're Over Me - Maroon 5

  _______________✏  

"Ugh!" Adriana groaned loudly slamming the teasing comb on the bathroom counter. "Why tonight?" She moaned to the reflection in the mirror with half teased half flat hair. Nothing seemed to be going right.

It was one of those days which seemed to be continuously leading to a disastrous end.
She had dropped her coffee on herself at work within fifteen minutes of being there. Stefano had thought it was hilarious as he banged his fist on desk in fits of laughter. That was until Salvatore made an appearance and he quickly scurried out to make himself look busy.

Then mid afternoon an argument had erupted between the pair.

"I said no!" Adriana had insisted exasperated after only a few minutes. "I told you, I'll stay for drinks but I'm not staying for dinner."

"You have to stay for dinner!" Salvatore had shot back infuriated with the way she was arguing with him. Sure he had originally agreed the day before, but that was only to get her off his case, he didn't actually think she was intending to leave before their meals.

"What exactly is the problem? I said I'd be there for the agent to discuss his vision over drinks. Besides," she had flicked her hair in what she had intended to be a gratifying moment only to smack the back of her hand onto the wall.
"Ouch!"

"Yeah that just happened Adriana."

Now she was standing in her bathroom, hair half teased, lob sided and just a hot mess in general.
She cursed her appearance once more before reaching for her cell to scroll through her contacts speed dialing her best friend's numbers.

"Claudia. I need your help, it's an emergency!"

"What kind of emergency bella?" (beautiful)

"Hair. Makeup. Everything!" She heard her friend chuckle on the other end.

"I'll be right over, give me twenty minutes."

_______________✏

"What did you do?!" Claudia almost shrieked as she vigorously tried to comb the tangled birds nest within her friend's hair. "Seriously Ade, did you stick a piece of gum in it?"

"No!" She scrunched her nose up and furrowed her eyebrows in disgust.

"Like I don't even know what you were thinking!" Claudia continued yanking the knots out so hard she was forcing Adriana slightly backwards. "You know how to tease hair, so how did you even manage this? You're nervous aren't you? You always do stupid shìt like this when you're nervous. Spill." She drew the teasing comb into one hand resting it on her hip waiting for answers.
"Spill or I'll send you out looking like a stray cat."

"I'm supposed to be pretending I'm some experienced Marketing and Events Manager. I don't actually have any experience in any of that Claudia, pretty sure I'm in trouble here."

"Pfft!" Claudia rolled her eyes dramatically, "fake it, until you make it." She reached for her glass of wine on the counter sipping it gratefully momentarily closing her eyes to savour the crisp taste. "This tastes expensive. You should really give Salvatore a chance babe."

"Don't get me started on that guy."

"Oh?"

"Yeah, oh!" She leaned in closer to the mirror patting just above her cheekbone with concealer covering the slight shadows caused by the recent all nighters.
"Salvatore decided to ask Elena Buontempo to accompany him tonight, I mean I get it, and I don't even mind really."