Flustered, Hanna spoke, "-Well you wouldn't want them to know you're a ~lesbian-friendly~ person."

I laughed and looked down. We sat in silence for a few moments, enjoying the cool air. "I'm glad you came to the dance." I said, looking her in the eyes. My heart fluttered in my chest and I looked down at my feet, unsure what to think about how I was feeling. I'd never felt this way with anyone before, I was so nervous.

"I really only came because my mom made me. She wanted me to keep an eye on Gabe and Isaac, she doesn't trust them yet. I think they're sweet though, in a goofy kind of way."

"I've known them both my whole life, they're good guys."

The song All of Me by John Legend started playing over the speakers inside, and echoes of the piano floated out the door to us. "Will you dance with me?" Hanna asked.

My heart skipped a beat, "Yes." She's lonely, dancing with her is really the least I could do. Make her feel less alone in this difficult time. It doesn't mean anything. Heat flushed to my face as she looped her arms around my neck. I put my hands on her hips and my heart pounded in my ears. My shoulders tightened up and my breaths came in shallow, What if someone walks out here?

"Relax. No one can see us. We're alone." Her bright green eyes watched mine, concerned.

And with just those words my muscles loosened up and I let myself relax. I watched her face, trying to figure out what this girl was thinking. It felt good to be so close to her. I never want this dance to end. The thought caught me off guard. I embraced it. "I'm sorry Roxanne broke up with you at like the worst time ever."

She shrugged as we swayed. "Really we probably should have broken up a lot sooner. We didn't make each other happy and I think I realized that a little late."

I thought about what she said. "So, you moving was probably a blessing in disguise then?"

A faint smile crossed her face, "Yeah, really was." We swayed together to the song and a silence passed between us. "So how long have you known you were gay?"

A jolt went through my system, "Wh- I'm not-" I sighed, "How'd you know?"

"Well, you know, you're so nice to me, and you made that comment about all of the gay people at this school were in the closet, and when I talked to Gabe he said you've never really been with anyone," Now Hanna was babbling and blushing again. "And, you know, you're dancing with me."

I felt heat flush to my face, "You asked Gabe about me?"

"Well yeah, I like you, Alecia."

My head rushed and I was dizzy, standing there, looking at this beautiful girl. "I don't even know how to explain this. I've never felt the way I feel around you before."

A hint of a smile crossed her face, "Have you ever kissed a girl, Alecia?"

I stuttered, "Well no, I-"

She smiled, and without saying anything at all, she slid her hands down my arm just a bit, leaned in, and kissed me while Pentatonix' rendition of "Hallelujah" played over the sound system. So sweetly and gently, that if I'd been sleeping, she wouldn't have woken me. A sweeping feeling rushed from my stomach into my head. Hanna hugged me, but as soon as she let me go, I was running.

I ran back inside, overwhelmed and out of my depth.

Hands shaking, I skirted the edge of the dancefloor and ran to the hallway. I found a water fountain and took a long drink. I didn't even care that the water tasted like it had been sitting in the pipes for three days, I just needed a drink. Did that really happen? Did a girl just kiss me? And it felt... amazing. Shit. The door opened behind me and about jumped out of my skin. "Alecia? Are you ok?" Hanna asked cautiously.