Four Years Later

Rylan's P.O.V.

I climbed out of bed and quickly got dressed. My brown hair fell around me as I put in my contacts. I'd gotten contacts freshman year.

A car horn outside told me that Kristoff and Hiccup were outside. I cursed under my breath. It was midnight, they weren't supposed to be honking. My step-mom might hear. But then again she was passed out down stairs with a bottle of wine in her hand. I opened my bedroom window. I jumped out and landed on the grass. I sprinted over to their car and hopped in. An addition to the group was in the backseat as Kristoff stepped on the gas. The newcomer looked at me with green eyes. I looked at his red hair.

"Cool sideburns," I told him. "What's the name?" He smirked.

"The name is Hans." He said. I smiled at his small smirk.

"So why is he here?" I asked Hiccup. Hiccup handed me a twizler. I graciously accepted while we slowed at the stop to pick up Ping.

"Don't ask me; Kristoff invited him." Hiccup opened a can of soda and took a swig. I looked at the blonde in the driver's seat as Ping jumped in. His black hair hung over his eyes as he sat next to me.

"He's new in town; I thought he could meet people before school starts. Besides there's this short ginger I think he should meet. What's her name, Hiccup?" Kristoff looked at his best friend. Hiccup thought.

"Oh yeah that emo one right? Always has her hair in two braids?" Hiccup questioned.

"Yep, that's her. Her last name is something like Arendelle, isn't it?" Kristoff said.

"Her last name is Arandolle, and her name is Anna. Arendelle is Elsa's last name." I piped in. Kristoff shrugged.

"Sorry." He muttered. Hiccup laughed.

"How do you know her name Snips?" He asked. I groaned.

"Snips, really? I tried to snip my hair with scissors once! Once! Let it go Hiccup." I smacked the back of his head. He laughed. "Anyways I'm not at liberty to say how I know her." I knew Anna from the teen support group I went to. She never spoke, but sometimes you could see the scars peeking out from underneath her sleeves.

Hiccup laughed. His face contorting with humor. It was so odd how he was laughing about the same girl I knew self harmed.

The party was your classic movie scene high school party. Red solo cups in every high schooler's hand.

I moved along the crowd with ease as I looked for the source of the beer. Ping was off awkwardly talking to girls who were obviously flirting with him. Kristoff and Hans disappeared in search of Anna. I didn't know where Hiccup was but I was okay with that. I still had a crush and I wanted to get over him. That was why I was looking to hook up with someone.

By the time I'd drank a beer and a half I was leaning on Peter in hopes of a good time. Peter was a player and every girl knew it. He lead me into a bedroom while kissing me hungrily. I liked that Peter was straight to business as he quickly stripped me of my shirt. He threw me down on the bed just as the sound of sirens blared. Shit. Peter cussed and got off of me in a hurry.

"Somebody called the cops." Peter said before dashing out of the room. I picked my shirt up off the ground and slid it back on before a cop entered.

-------------------

"Rylan, I can't believe it. I'm very disappointed in you." Jack said as he led me to his car. I shrugged. I was starting to feel a hangover.

"Now that you've recited the lines what do you actually want to tell me?" I said. Jack had come to pick me up instead of my father who was on a business trip. My cousin put an arm around my shoulders.

"Was the party fun?" Jack asked while opening the car door for me and helping me in. I was having trouble with coordination.

"Yeah," I mumbled. He closed the door and I watched him walk to the driver's side and get in. He was silent as he put the key in the ignition. He paused.

"You didn't hook up with anybody did you?" He asked the question cautiously. I felt my cheeks burn up.

"Almost," I admitted. Jack sighed.

"Getting drunk and partying is okay but when you start hooking up is when things get messy; trust me I've been down that road." Jack looked over at me. "Promise me you won't hook up with anyone," I sighed.

"I promise." I surrendered and then Jack started the engine and took me home.

The ride was silent and Jack seemed distant. I didn't mind as I was just as distant. When he parked in front of my house Jack gave me a peck on top of my head and sent me inside. Jack was protective in his own little way. He waited until I was inside before driving away.

The next morning I awoke to the sound of voices coming through my bedroom window. I groaned and took an Advil before daring to look outside. In my yard sat Kristoff and Hiccup along with someone I hadn't seen in forever. Elsa. Elsa and Hiccup were talking and laughing while Kristoff played fetch with his dog Sven.

I smiled after getting dressed and jumping out my window. Elsa gave me a hug as soon as my feet touched the ground. Sven came running and barking. My friends smiled at me as I looked at them.

"Is there any particular reason as to why you're all in my yard?" I asked. Hiccup frowned.

"Well, today's the anniversary and we figured we'd all go see the fireworks together." He said almost timidly. I frowned. Rapunzel had been gone for four years; I'd gone four years without my best friend. No one knew where she went, the town had searched for a reason as to where they went but no one knew.

Flynn's POV

I ran down the alley with the Stabbington brothers by my side. It was only eight in the morning and we had already stolen a priceless diamond ring from a rich family. We hit a dead end and I convinced the brothers to help me over the wall blocking our path where I left them behind. They weren't very bright anyways. By the time I stopped running I had come to a house with a tower. So like any smart thief, I climbed the tower. All was well until I hoped in the window and turned just in time to see a frying pan coming at my face. Then it all went black.