Chapter 19 (Edited)

"Do Not Go Gentle"

At Klaus' mansion, I drank blood from a glass, ignoring Klaus, reading a book.

Klaus was painting, getting annoyed by my behavior

Rebekah walked in

"What took you so long?" Klaus asked

"Alaric didn't want to hand over the stake" Rebekah answered, showing us the stake. "Luckily I'm quite the charmer"

"That's it?" Klaus asked

"Last of the white oak stakes that can kill us" Rebekah confirmed. I smiled in relief. Rebekah looked between us "Do you want to do the honors, or shall I?"

Klaus grabbed the stake, throwing it to the fireplace without hesitation.

I watched it burn, pleased

"Well, that's that, then" Rebekah told us

"Pack your bags" Klaus told us. I looked up in confusion. "We're leaving"

"Today?" Rebekah asked nervously

"Why?" I asked

"Why not?" Klaus asked, looking between us "There's nothing keeping us here. We'll grab the doppelganger and be off by sunset"

I rolled my eyes at the mentioning of Elena, looking away from them, sipping from the glass of blood.

"But tonight's the decade dance" Rebekah told him.

I smiled in amusement. Typical Rebekah

"So?" Klaus asked, uninterested.

"So I'm head of the committee, we have to go" Rebekah answered. She looked at me "You have to come with me too, Klary. Moral support and that"

"Sure" I told her, shrugging "Why not? I have nothing better to do"

Rebekah smiled gratefully

"I'm not going to any dance" Klaus told her

"Ms. Forbes will be there" I told him teasingly

"That means nothing tome" Klaus told me

I shrugged, waving a dismissive hand "Oh, sure it doesn't"

"Please?" Rebekah pleaded "I have big plans for tonight. Just go for me"

"Ok, fine" Klaus told her in defeat, smiling "One last hurrah"

Rebekah smiled "One last hurrah, Nik"

~8~

I dressed up in one of my favorite dresses of the 1920's, smiling at my reflexion on a mirror, walking up to the gym, looking around for Rebekah, seeing students also dressed up from the 20's.

I pulled out my phone, dialing Rebekah, "Hey, where are you? I'm literary dying of boredom in this stupid dance you made me come to and I'm not even an student. If I don't find you in the next 5 minutes, I'm leaving"

I hung up, walking past the students

~8~

I still had no luck in finding Rebekah, getting ready to leave, walking up to the entry only to be stopped by an invisible barrier, looking down in confusion seeing salt in the floor in realization, sensing someone passing by me and the salt, looking up at Jeremy.