Chapter 2 (Edited)

Meeting the Doppelgänger

I found myself walking out of the Grill with a determined expression, holding back a grimace for what I was about to do. I wasn't someone to give empty threats so here I was, going to meet Erica's daughter to stay true to my word.

I straightened up, inhaling a deep breath before looking down toward my jacket looking for my car keys when I crashed against someone.

"Oh, I'm so sorry" I froze, still looking down and clenching my fist when hearing that familiar voice "I didn't see you there!"

I took a deep breath, looking up and meeting the dreaded face I hated and it took a lot of restrain to not pounce in her, killing her in that precise moment "It's alright, love. It happens even to the best of us" I said calmly, having never liked hurting humans.

Only when they believed they were smarter than me and could think they could outsmart me. Those were the humans I hated.

"Oh, thank god you're not blaming me. It's embarrassing after all" she said laughing slightly. Oh, how I'd love to wipe that smile out of her face. Too bad she wasn't Katerina and I needed this one for the ritual. The thought of her made my blood boil and I almost had my face changing but I refrained myself, though it didn't stop a dark expression passing through my eyes. "It's everything alright?" She suddenly asked, gulping slightly seeing my expression

I blinked shaking my head, brushing a strand of hair behind my ear "Yes, I'm alright. You just reminded me of someone I have a rough past with" I said carefully, wanting to know if she knew about Katerina. She was surrounded by vampires, she had to know something, right?

Her expression morphed into one of concern and slight fear, "Wow, I'm sorry for bringing you those thoughts" she apologized. I stared at her in surprise. She definitely isn't Katerina. I tilted my head aside seeing shock passing through her face, making me furrowing my eyebrows "You know Katherine?"

And here I thought I was thinking that not saying it out loud, "Sadly" I replied, looking away.

The girl shifted her weight uncomfortably, looking at me cautiously "And, uh... You don't think I'm Katherine?" She asked in a small frightened voice.

I let out a small scoff, "No offense, darling. You have nothing but looks to Katerina. Even the way she stands it's so obvious" I replied, rolling my eyes. "And, you're human. I can literally smell that humanity on you in waves. If you've had been attacked before mistaking you for that...for her. Then they're bloody idiots who can't tell the difference"

She chuckled nervously, not knowing yet what to think of me. Smart girl. "Well. That's nice to know"

I shrugged, tilting my head aside, suddenly thinking of something "Wait. Who knows about you?"

Katerina's look alike frowned confused, slightly startled. "Um, about me? What?"

I rolled my eyes impatiently, "That you're a Doppelgänger" I spoke slowly, as if she was a five year old.

"My friends" She said slowly, confused.

I hid my smirk, trying to look innocent "Ah, alright then. Keep it that way" I waved a dismissively hand. 

She looked confused the poor innocent. It was better this way. The more she was unaware of the implications of being a Doppelgänger, the easier would be for us to get what we've always wanted.

"Okay..." She frowned, shaking her head. "Anyway. Are you new here? I've never seen you before"

I chuckled. "You could say that" I said cryptically 

"Well, in that case... Welcome to Mystic Falls" She said with a kind smile. I paused, crossing my arms. It was weird seeing a genuine expression on that face. Simple to say that I am not getting used to it so fast. "My name's Elena Gilbert"

"Klarysse Massen" I said with a light quirk of my lips. Even if Massen wasn't my real family name, it still washed me with a familiar sense, having used it for almost two centuries. But, yet, no name could reemplace my real one.  "Thank you for the heartwarming welcoming, Miss Gilbert"

Elena giggled slightly, seeming to have already warm up to me. Silly girl. No one can never be so comfortable around me. I'm always bound to snap at any second.

"I gotta go" I suddenly spoke looking down at my wrist watch, slowly starting to grimace. Time's up, Erika. "Maybe I see you around. And don't forget to keep to yourself about what you are" I warned for the last time before getting inside my car, driving away "The more you don't know...." I murmured to myself, picking up my phone and with a hand starting to type.

'Good news. Mystic Falls. One out of three'

Once I was done, I put down my phone sighing lightly as I continued driving, parking right outside Erika's house. I stayed inside my car, debating wether or not do it fast or slow.

A smirk slowly began forming on my lips as I got an idea and boy.... I wasn't going to enjoy it.