"Shhh!" I hush her.

"Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, OKAY!" Barbie tries to calm herself. "What exactly did he say?"

"He said and I quote, "You look beautiful, Amber. I don't think your boyfriend tells you that enough." End quote." I recite, his words cemented in my mind.

"It sounds like it may be time to ditch that boyfriend." My manicurist intervenes. Barbie bites her lip and nods her head ecstatically. Her name tag reads Jenny and I turn to her.

"But I have a dire secret that ruin me if he knew." I tell her.

"Sometimes you need to risk that. Trust that he'll trust you."

"But he doesn't. We just started trusting each other last night. I don't want to reverse it all."

"But if you do it later, it'll hurt more if he betrays you." Jenny points out. "This Brendon boy sounds like a dream."

"But I have a boyfriend. A loving boyfriend who takes care of me no matter what and would never hurt me."

"Honey, that sounds like the most boring relationship ever. Who would want someone so safe? Risk it all for a dream? The worst that can happen is you actually falling for this Brendon guy."

"She already has." Barbie alerts her.

"No! I haven't! Brendon and I are nothing. I hate him. He will destroy me." My walls go up in the blink of an eye. Suddenly, I block out last night in my mind.

"Geez, okay!" Jenny backs off. Barbie raises a concerned eyebrow and I shake my head.

*************************

"So what am I to this truce?" Barbie asked once we moved on to our pedicures.

"The moderator. You decide who's in the wrong and who needs to apologize to who and make peace and stuff like that."

"Okay, then I say you should text Brendon and see what he's doing today." Barbie commands.

"Forget it." I command, hypnotizing her. She blinks a few times before coming to. "We should do something fun."

"Like what?"

"I don't know. What about ice skating?"

"Ice skating?"

"Brandon texted me late last night asking if we wanted to go."

"I don't want to third wheel." She refuses.

"Bring Kevin. The boy is practically yours." I tell her. "And I could make it solid."

"I don't want us to fall in love by your powers. I want it to be real."

I don't have the heart to tell her it's too late.

"Fine, but you should bring him." I lie.

"Okay, let's do it!" Barbie cheers, whipping out her phone to text Kevin. I call my mom to tell her we're going ice skating. She mentions that Brendon stopped by and I should invite him.

No way in hell. I hang up and wait for Jenny to finish. We pay and head to the ice rink, a few blocks away from the mall. Barbie arrange Kevin to come with Brandon and we wait.

"So my mother said to invite Brendon." I mention.

"You should! I'm sure he knows how to skate!" Barbie urges.

"Not when my boyfriend hates him." I grumble, leading her to the skate rental. We pick out skates and waddle down to the rink.

"I've never skated before." Barbie confesses.