my life with him

hello! my names violet Aaliyah. im 16 years old and i go to bridgeway highschool. im 5'3 and have carmel colored skin. my hair is pretty long, i can't get a hair cut cause it never ever stays cut. but enough about me, let me tell you about my life with him.

"ma! please don't make me go to this highschool. i dont know anyone here and what if the dont like me!", i said into my hands.

"aye what did i say?, i told you that people arnt always gonna like you Violet", she said with a stern look.

Ma's not really my mom. her names Selena, yeah her mom named her after the singer selena. But um... my Ma is my foster mom but treats me just like her own. It's kinda hard being raised in a Mexican American house because im not mexican american, im african american and native American. But my brother Michael, well foster brother loves me with all his heart and told me he would make sure no one would disrespect me as long as he's around. He's 17 and really tall and has gray eyes.

"okay now get out my car chika", she said pushing me out onto the sidewalk.

i seen Michael and ran towards him, he was talking to some of his friends. this was my first day of highschool and i didnt know how to approach him and his friends.

"yo lil sis! come over here", michael said motioning me to come over there.

i could only make out a few of his friends, the rest were strangers.