Shopping

Once again, Max pulled into a parking lot and parked her car. This woman was on a mission, so she rushed Nathan out of her car and into the Wal-Mart. Max had to get a list of things for Nathan, but she didn't mind it in the slightest. Max's photography career really took off after college and now, money is not really an issue for her. Of course she was still greatful for everything she had, but she did develop some nasty spending habits...

"Alright, you go look at clothes and other stuff you need and I will go get you and I stuff for around the house like food and stuff to do." Max stated

"Okie dokie!" he shouted which made Max laugh again.

The two of them split up and Max went over to the food section of the store and filled up her basket with junk food for around the house for them to binge on every once in awhile. After that, she went over to the section of the store that sold body wash and shampoo. She took her time to smell everything and choose the best smelling things. These things included men's shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and cologne. She went to the front of the store to pay for all of the items, but saw Nathan paying for something already. She walked over to him to confront him only to see a shirt and a pair of pants in his hand.

"Umm... that is not enough clothes to get you by." Max said as he finished paying for what he had chosen.

"But it is all I can get right now..." he said sadly. Max scoffed at his answer.

"C'mon..." Max started dragging him back over to the clothes department."I will pay and you can pay me back later. Besides, how are you gonna get a job if you don't have nice clothes to go to interviews in?" she said in a smart-ass tone.

"Max, I feel terrible making you spend all of this money." he said stopping her and turning her around to face him. "It is not right, and you are already doing too much letting me stay with you..." he trailed off, looking at the floor. Max took his face in her hands and forced him to look in her eyes.

"Nathan, I am what most people would describe as rich. I normally blow money on fast food and other useless gadgets. Just last week I payed 20 dollars for a pen that has a flash light thingy on the end. I refuse to say no to paying for some essential things that actually benefit someone." Max stated and continued dragging a fighting, flustered Nathan behind her to the men's clothing department.

Once she found it, she began looking through the racks to find an appropriate dress shirt for Nathan. She handed him a navy blue shirt and a white one to go try on. Not wanting to argue, he obeyed and did as she told him. While he tried the shirts on with some dress pants she had also picked up, Max looked through the t-shirt section. She grabbed almost two of everything she looked at figuring that even when he does leave he will have fewer things to buy. She stopped herself once she couldn't carry anymore things and went back over to find Nathan back in his regular clothes holding the two shirts in his hand.

"Which color do you want?" Max asked

"Blue," he stated, putting the white back."I look like a drunk penguin in the white." he chuckled. Max laughed with him

The two of them returned to the check out counters and Max swiped her debit card and they were on their way. It was a long drive home, and Nathan fell asleep on the way there. Max looked over at his fragile figure leaning up against the cars window and smiled. He looked so innocent and worry free in his sleep.

He was still sleeping when Max pulled in the Parking lot of her apartment complex. When she parked, she pulled out Chloe's dads camera and snapped a picture of the sleeping boy. Max waited for the old polaroid camera to print out the picture, but when it did, she smiled at the picture and tucked it into her bag and decided to wake up Nathan. She would for sure keep the picture for blackmail purposes

"Nathan, we're home.." she cooed to the sleeping boy

Nathan woke up quickly, embarrassed he had fallen asleep in her car.

"Sorry..." he mumbled still half asleep.

They both grabbed some of the groceries and clothes and headed up to her apartment. Once they got inside and the door was closed, Max looked over at the clock on her side table. It was already four in the mourning, and Max was ready for bed. She showed Nathan to the guest bedroom and gave him some extra blankets. She went to her room, changed into her pajamas, and threw herself onto her bed. Within a few minutes her eyes felt heavy and she succumbed to the tiredness.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN: Sorry this is a crappy chapter but i thought it was a nice filler chapter