06. Worry Isn't A Good Look On You

ابدأ من البداية

"I didn't want him to be a hero, I wanted him to be my father." I reply which ends in a sob as Barry brings me into a hug with his arms wrapped around me and my arms wrapped around his, we pull back slowly and stare into each other's eyes and I swear that he leaned in, his lips slightly hovering mine.

Cisco's voice came over the speaker. "Barry, Laura you down there? You gotta come look at this." He asks which makes us pull back from our embrace.

He pats my shoulder and we walk back to the Cortex crowding around the TV that showed DNA on the small screen.

"Hey check this out, it's a 3D molecular model of the gas you retrieved from your lungs." Cisco explains.

"We've identified the toxin."

"Hydrogen Cyanide?" Barry asks.

"What's interesting is what's mixed in with the cyanide. A sedative." Dr Wells explains.

"Of course. The night of the explosion, find out if anyone was executed." Barry orders and Caitlin walks to the computer to do so.

"Why?"

"That sedative is given to criminals on Death Row before they go to the gas chamber in and breathe in hydrogen cyanide." Barry explains.

"That's right." Dr Wells says.

"There was someone executed, Kyle Nimbus." Caitlin finds out.

"That's him."

"He was a hit man for the Darbinyan crime family, they turned on him and testified. Judge Theresa Howard was the judge of his trial and sentenced him to death." Caitlin explains.

"He must have been affected by the explosion while he was being gassed." I pitch in.

"Records say the execution was completed." Cisco says from the article and file on the TV screen.

"That's why there wasn't a match, database has only records of the living." Barry explains.

"Right."

"He said there was one more person on his hit list. Check the arrest record. Who caught him. That could be his next attack." He orders Caitlin to do, while walking over to the computer she was currently looking up

Caitlin's eyes widened. "Barry the lead detective." Caitlin says.

Oh no that's Joe.

Barry went off to call Joe but he wasn't picking up so he called Eddie instead. Caitlin hands me the reverse toxin and says give it to Barry.

"Barry I reverse- engineered an antidote to the toxin, I hope you won't need it."He takes it from me and looks on at his suit and nods at me sending me a warm smile. I grab his arm before he goes.

"Barry, I just want you to be careful, I don't want you coming back like last time." I say to him and he just smiles at me.

"I won't, I'll save the day as always." He replies before pressing a kiss to my forehead and running off to save Joe.

~

After Barry runs off to Iron Heights Prison the team all gather around the prison trying to help Barry somehow.

"Barry I pulled up the specs on Iron Heights Prison, it's maximum security but I think I can talk you through breaking in there." Cisco explains while walking back to the computers.

"Don't bother. I've been figuring out how to break into place since I was 11."

Caitlin and I just smile at each other softly.

The time that passed we learned that he used the antidote on Joe and is going to face The Mist alone with no antidote.

"He used the antidote on Joe." Caitlin explains, she talks into the microphone. "You need to stay away from him Barry, do not breathe him in."

"I'm not sure how that helps me guys."

I grab the microphone from Caitlin. "You can't fight him Barry. Just keep him coming at you, that should zap his strength." I explain.

"Gas is the least stable form of matter." Dr Wells pitches in. "This meta human won't be able to stay in his mist form for long, his particles will need to reform."

We hear grunting and wheezing over the line. "Barry?" Dr Wells says and repeats himself.

"We win." Barry proudly says, which makes me sigh in relief and smile.

~

After saving the day yet again from an evil meta human we lock The Mist in a the accelerator and it's taking me a while to get used to working above an a makeshift prison for evil people with superpowers.

I bid everyone goodnight and go to my car when I feel a whoosh and suddenly I'm being carried by Barry or should I say The Flash. He drops me at my house and I loose my balance slightly.

"Taking me a while to get to used that." I gesture to him and speeding me off my feet literally.

He just laughs. "I thought you would like a ride, you know instead of using your car which does not help the environment so." He rambles about the environment and cars but I just shush him by putting my finger on his lips.

"You are so cute when you ramble." I compliment which makes his cheeks tint red. "Thank you Barry, if I ever need a ride I'll ask you."

Barry clears his throat

Barry clears his throat. "But seriously I'll always be there if you ever need someone to sweep you up off your feet, even if you don't want to get your pretty little shoes wet." He explains, which makes me giggle softly and never wipe the smile off my face.

OMG I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD! SOZ GUYS FOR A VERY LONG AWAITED UPDATE BUT I'M ON HOLIDAYS NOW SO I CAN BE HOME ALONE AND UPDATE ALL MY BOOKS!

HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER IF YOU DID PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT WHAT YOU THOUGHT WAS ADORABLE AND LOVED ABOUT THIS CHAPTER!

ALSO IF YOU GUYS CAN MAKE COVERS WOULD ANYONE LIKE TO MAKE ME A NEW ONE FOR THIS BOOK! PM ME FOR DETAILS!

BYE LOVELIES! xx

~COURTNIE