06. Worry Isn't A Good Look On You

Start from the beginning

Barry once never let go of my hand when he passed out I didn't mind either as I liked the feeling of his hand clasped with mine. Cisco, Caitlin and I stayed next to his bedside waiting for him to wake up.

His eyes flutter open and his head turns to look at us. "The streak lives." Cisco teases when we see his eyes open.

My whole body fills with relief once I see his eyes open and knowing he is okay. "You'd be dead if your lung cells didn't regenerate so quickly." Caitlin explains.

"Oh my chest feels like that time I had a cigarette." We all give him a surprised look and he notices it. "Yeah Teen me lived for the danger." He jokes.

I decide to speak up for the first time since he woke up. "This isn't funny. You could've-"

Barry interrupts me. "I didn't." He assures me, as his eyes avert to our linked hands which actually makes him smile.

Dr Wells interrupts the awkward silence. "Now that we have a sample, we'll get to analyzing it. We'll figure out poison makeup. Maybe even get a clue to his human identity." Dr Wells explains.

"Or at least a way to stop him from turning into a mist." Cisco's eyes widened at the sudden idea of his name. "The Mist! Okay, that's his name. End of discussion."

Barry sits up from his position and hesitantly letting go of my hand which now felt cold. "I have to get back to the station." Barry says as he limps away.

"No Barry." I say trying to stop him but he ignores and again pecks my forehead before limping away.

"You should be resting." Dr Wells says.

"I have to talk to Joe." He says before exiting the cortex.

~

After Barry left the rest of us were trying to analyze the sample of the poison gas but Caitlin insisted on her doing it as she knew that my mind was in another place so I sat down in the room where Cisco's treadmill was.

I heard footsteps approach me and take a seat next to me I automatically knew it was Barry. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you leaving like that." He apologizes.

I glance at him giving him a small smile. "It's okay, I get it." I reply but he and I deep down knew it wasn't okay. "You had to go it's just the last thing that my father said to me that night." I explain to him and he glances at me with a look of concern.

"My mother died fourteen years ago, I used to think the further I got away from her the less it would hurt." He says. "But some days the pain is worse when the day it happened." I nod slowly and look back at my fading nail polish on my fingers. "Some things you can't fight."

"For so long I have been terrified to go down to that hole." I say finally looking into his eyes which I could get lost forever in.

"What if I went with you?" He offers.

I nod unable to speak and he offers me a hand pulling me up and intertwining our hands together as we walk down to the particle accelerator. Sadness and grief were running through my body as we approached the dreadful particle accelerator that had caused so much pain to many people including Caitlin and I that night.

As I fatally remember what happened here at this exact spot when I lost my father at the hand of this accelerator no one will even know what he did, not even my mother. "He saved so many lives that day and no one will even know including my mother." I say, my voice slightly cracking.

Barry walks up beside me as I turn to look at him. "I do. He was a hero." He replies, which just sends me over the edge as I feel light tears creep up into my eyes.