Chapter One - Dionysus

momentarily forgot to say this at the start of the prologue lolol. i'd advise if you haven't already to read hades before you read this story :-) dionysus is a separate story so it's not necessary, but there will be some backstories that you won't understand if you haven't read hades (aka the whole evie deal). this isn't some advertising event, just a word of warning lol.

ok go enjoy the first chapter yay!!! (early update cause i have work tomorrow whoops)

Chapter One

"You have to go, don't you?"

"Duty calls." Evie shrug, shooting me a weak smile. I push myself up to my feet, running a hand through my sandy-blonde hair. "I'm going to miss you Spence."

I give her a brief hug. "I'm gonna miss you too princess. Don't forget to call, or you might just break my heart."

"Ha ha." Evie drawl sarcastically, shoving me when I wink at her. "If you need anything, don't you hesitate to ask, alright? I don't care what it is, I'm always here for you, I promise. Even if it means chasing a certain girl that you fancy because you screwed up - don't' give me that look, I know it'll happen at some point!"

"I'm sure Hades would have a field day if he heard that promise." I mutter, and she gives me a look. I grin at her impishly. "Ok, ok, I'm sorry. I know I just ruined that touchy-feely moment we were supposed to have just then."

"You're a complete ass Spencer." Evie rolls her eyes.

"Yet you still insist on being my friend."

"I wouldn't have it any other way." She smiles at me. "I'll see you around Spence."

"See you round E." I salute her, my eyes twinkling. "Stay outta trouble."

"Spencer you can't be serious."

I roll my eyes exaggeratedly, throwing another grape up into the air and catching it in my mouth. "I'm sorry, I don't know what that word means; serious is a word banned from my vocabulary. I prefer words like 'eccentric', or 'smoking hot'. I'll even settle for 'just generally the most amazing person you've ever met' because you so fortunately get the friend discount."

"Let me rephrase: Spencer, you aren't being serious enough." Selene massages her temples, looking tired. "Stop going through girls like you go through your wine! They're human beings!"

I cock an eyebrow. "You're really preaching that to me?"

"You're just trying to guilt trip me so I leave." She gives me a look. "What's going on with you? You've been an even bigger asshole than normal ever since Evie went back downstairs."

"You say asshole, I say an appreciator of the finer arts. Curves just aren't appreciated nowadays, it's abysmal." I swing my feet over the side of the hammock, stretching until I hear my back click. "Sel, much as I love our wonderful little chats, I have to ask; is there any important reason that you're bugging me? Because I actually have important places to be, people to do-see." I correct myself when she glares at me. "Hey, what can I say? I'm a gorgeous international university student; everyone wants a piece of this and it would just be rude to deny them that pleasure."

Selene purses her lips at me. "Have you spoken to Evie since she went back down with Hades?"

"No. Why would I?" I shrug nonchalantly. "She's too busy dishing out happily ever afters and making goo-goo eyes at the Ice King."