I didn't really kill myself!

Kay-Lee: Well Mark I have to go to bed now.

It’s like 2:30 now and I think that you should consider it too.

Me: Yeah, bye.

Talk to you tomorrow.

Kay-Lee is now offline

            Mark leaned back in his chair and considered his options.  He could go upstairs and go to bed as his parents wanted him to do 2 hours ago.  Or he could just stay up a while longer.  His show ended then and that was what pushed him over the edge.  It was not late enough for it to be normal for Mark, he usually went to sleep around 6:00 but he was extremely bored and tired.  He pushed the clamshell of his computer down and got up from the table.  He walked to the power outlet and unplugged his computer charger.

            He picked up his laptop and the tail made up of the charger trailing behind him.  All the light switches that Mark had to turn off made the lack of light that made him extremely nervous.  While definitely not a child anymore, Mark was still extremely afraid of the dark and wanted to just go to sleep or make sure that there was nothing waiting for him in the blackness ahead of him.  But as Mark advanced through the hallway, flipping all of the light switches off, he got increasingly worried. 

            Entering his bedroom, he didn’t bother turning on the light because it wasn’t bright enough to keep enough of the darkness out for it to be worth the effort.  So he placed his computer down onto his desk and plugged the charger back in.  His laptop wasn’t that good with battery charge, it only lasted 2 hours, so it practically lived with the charger plugged in.  Then he got into bed and covered himself up with his blankets and turned on his mp3 player to get music to lull him to sleep.  With that he turned on his side and attempted to get some sleep, starting with closing his eyes. 

            It normally took him about 10 minutes to fall asleep but now he had waited about thirty minutes.  He then turned on his lamp light but nothing was there.  Assuring himself it was nothing; Mark turned on his side again and closed his eyes, willing himself to get to sleep.  But then he was sure he heard some sort of clicking noise.  He shook his head and closed his eyes.  But then there was the creaking of his door.  He knew he couldn’t be imagining that, so he slowly and frightened turned on his light.  Mark would have gasped, but he didn’t have the time.