Reunion (Student/Teacher Oneshot)

This story is for a friend. Merry Christmas Katherine. Thought you'd appreciate this more than anything.

Anyone can read though ;) tell me what you think.

Lots of love
-J x

~~~~~

It had been three weeks since I had received the message that all of my year were being invited back to my college for a reunion and tomorrow was finally the day. I had no idea why I was so excited. I didn't even really like anyone in my year at college. I didn't stay in touch with anybody really so its not like there was anyone there I wanted to see.

Well. There was one person I wanted to see, but he was older. He was my English teacher.

Look, before you jump to conclusions, Rob and I were good friends, but its not like I wanted to jump on him. Sure, he was good looking with that dark hair, cute stubble, chocolate eyes that I just melted into every time he looked my way and... Oh Jeez.

Is it weird I pick out my outfit for an event weeks prior to the event itself? As soon as I received the invite I began to think about what I was going to wear. Is narrowed it down to a red top with a skirt or a black floral top with sparkly jeans. The skirt and top were nice, showed off my figure... but boy did I love my sparkly jeans.

Id finally settled on wearing the pretty red top and black skirt, apologising to my jeans, (not sure why?) I was setting them out on my chair before going to choose the nail varnish I would wear. I had a nice red one but it didn't match the shade of my top exactly so after an hours deliberation with my friend Jade over Skype, she suggested my sparkly silver one to match my jewellery.

Jade was my best friend but lived on the other side of the country from me, which resulted in many Skype sessions, phone calls and instant messaging. Jade knew about my love for Rob, we fangirled for a while over tomorrow's events because she knew I'd see him. Not that I even like him that much. Just... Something to look forward to. That hair. Those eyes.

Stop Katherine.

Anyway. I practiced curling my hair the night before to see how it looked and sent a picture to Jade who approved, leaving me feeling confident and excited for tomorrow.

*The next day*

I woke up at about 10 a.m. Not particularly early but at the same time, I could've slept for longer.

I got up and had a shower before having something to eat. I couldn't eat loads since I was sort of nervous but had no idea why. To calm my nerves, Jade and I watched a Top Gear episode together. We obviously couldn't watch it literally together, but we started it at the same time and messaged each other throughout.

It got to around 4:30 p.m. and I decided to get ready. My outfit looked even better on than it had on the hanger, making me excited to do my hair and makeup to match.

I put loose curls in my long brown hair and applied a small amount of natural makeup, a lipstick to mach my top. I never wore a lot of makeup, could never understand the girls that cake it on like they do.

I sent a picture to Jade for her approval to which she replied, "looking gorgeous bae ;) Rob's a lucky man." I blushed slightly at her comment, having not thought about Rob for the past few minutes and the sudden reminder flipped my stomach. Weird.

I grabbed my bag filled with essentials and my coat before jogging down the stairs to be met by my parents.

"Oh Katherine, darling. You look gorgeous, let me get the camera," she gushed. I sighed.
"Muuuum," I groaned.
"Oh hush. Let me have just this," she said holding up the camera and taking a few snaps of my slightly annoyed smirk. "Why have you made such an effort? Any boys you want to impress?" she nudged.
"Better not be," my dad chipped in. I rolled my eyes again.
"No. No boys," I said. Not a total lie. Rob's a man. A man I'm not even trying to impress, obviously. So yes, not a lie at all.
"Good. That's the way you should keep it," he said.
"Dad, I'm 22," I sighed, slipping my coat over my shoulders.
"And you're not having a boyfriend until I'm dead," he said, folding his arms. He looked serious but I could see the glint of humor playing in his eyes.
"Well the way its going, I don't think I'll be far off that," I said, referring to the lack of boyfriends in my life. I had a few schoolgirl crushes but I'd never had a long term relationship and I was beginning to think my dad was right. I wouldn't have a boyfriend until I was dead. Though I'd had this conversation many a time with Jade, and she said we can marry each other if we're still both single by the time we're 40. A 'back-up-plan' if you will. And my dad did specify I can't have a boyfriend until he's dead. We've thought it all through.