Chapter 6

~wake up~
Today is my first day for classes. I get out of bed and take a look at my schedule.
6:00-6:50 Herbology
7:00-7:50 Transfiguration
8:00-8:50 Astronomy
9:00-9:50 Charms
10:00-10:50 History of Magic
11:00-11:50 Defense Against The Dark Arts
12:00-12:50 Lunch
1:00-1:50 Flying Lessons
2:00-2:50 Potions
I sigh and quickly get dressed.
"Mornin' (Y/N)." A very cheery voice sounds behind you.
"Good morning, Jo."
She looks at my schedule and winces. "Ooh. You have the worst class at the end of the day. I feel so sorry for you."
"Is Potions that bad? I thought it would be fun. My father always brews them."
"Eh. I guess it depends on the wizard. Some like potions, most don't." She shrugs her shoulders and hands me my wand. "You better get going. You don't want to be late."
"Yeah. I better go. Bye, Jo." I grab my robes and turn to walk out of my dorm. I stop to give a black cat a quick pet on the head. "Morning, Steph."
"Meow."
You laugh to yourself and follow the signs down the hall. 'Herbology.... Where is it?' I stop to read a bunch of signs. The one that says Herbology points outside to a group of greenhouses. 'Ah. There it is.' Picking up speed, I walk towards my class. The smell of dirt grows stronger as I get closer. I open the door to the first building and walk in. There is a small, plump woman named Professor Sprout, along with a few Slytherin students. 'This is gonna be fuuuuun.' I never had an interest in plants.
~Time Skip~
I pack up your things from Defense Against The Dark Arts and walk to the Great Hall; It's lunchtime. I can't wait to see what the feast will be today. I stand in front of the doors, take a deep breath, and open them. I scan my eyes around the Slytherin table until I find an empty seat beside Severus. I smile and make my way over to him. "Is this seat taken, Sev?"
"It is now." He looks up at me and smiles.
'He is so cute when he smiles.' I sit down beside him and begin to eat lunch. "So, how are you liking your classes?"
"They're alright. I'm just waiting for the end of the day. I have my favorite class at the end of the day." He sighs.
"How do you know what your favorite class is if today is your first day?"
"Oh, I've always had an interest for potions. Almost as much as my love for the dark arts."
"Wait, do you have potions last?" I get excited as he smiles even more.
"Yep. I do."
I giggle childishly and blush. "So do I."
"Well, (Y/N), I'll see you later." He gets up and leaves.  I do the same and head out to the flying field.
~Time Skip~
Flying was a breeze. I was able to do everything perfectly. The Flying Professor said I was the best first year she's ever seen. She wants me to join the Quidditch team, but I'm not really interested in playing it. Now, I'm on my way to potions. 'I can't wait to be with Sev.' I walk down to the dungeon and walk in like I'm home. It's freezing and the walls are covered with odd specimens and ingredients. Sev waves at you and points to the seat beside him. I sit beside him and giggle once more. "Thaaaank you, Sev."
"You're welcome. I'm so happy I have my favorite class with my favorite person so far." He opens his book and listens to the professor. Even though it's only the first day, the lesson is very interesting.