Chapter 32: In Love With the Untouchable

Start from the beginning

Patrick and Erica have very similar facial features.

Erica is beautiful, and there is no denying that.

The bride and all the bridesmaids of this wedding, are all truly beautiful.

"Him and Abigail are outside, getting their pictures taken." Sharpie laughs, shaking his head.

"The two lovers." Chaunette sighs, laughing.

We all laugh at that.

"We all have to head out there to be in the bridesmaids/groomsmen pictures pretty soon." Jackie informs.

I nod, glancing at Natalie quickly.

She still has the bouquet of flowers in her hand, and a small smile is written on her face.

She looks at me, and then we both look away awkwardly.

She told me that this breakup wouldn't make things awkward between us, simply because we are such good friends.

But I think for the first little while, the awkwardness is going to be inevitable.

Slowly, the guests begin making their way out of the wedding hall, and the bridesmaids and groomsmen are called out for pictures.

After the pictures we will all head to Sharpie's lakehouse for the reception.

And that is where the real fun will begin.

***

The lakehouse reception setup is beautiful.

It's absolutely perfect.

It's about 7:00, on Saturday, August 20.
The guests are all just arriving to the reception at Sharpie's lakehouse, and the lot is starting to become extremely busy.

Lights have been set up around the backyard, and the catering service has set up the serving table on one side of the huge yard.

On one of those tables, sits Patrick and Abigail's wedding cake.

It has four different layers, and it is massive.

Tables for people to sit at during dinner, have been arranged around the perimeter of the yard.

They are circular, with a fancy white tablecloth placed over them.

They all have a bouquet of flowers sitting in the center.

The center of the grassy yard has been left open, for a dance floor.

The sun has set, leaving the sky slightly darker.

It's not completely dark out, but it is getting there.

The lake is calm and peaceful, and soft music is being played through speakers set up around the yard.

Twinkling night lights have been strung across the yard, about thirty feet up in the air.

I can hardly recognize the place.

It looks wonderful.

Within fifteen minutes, pretty much all the guests have arrived, and the lot is busy and crowded.

People in tuxedos and fancy dresses stand around the yard, talking in groups of two to six.

Almost everyone has a glass of wine in their hands, and the catering service has waitresses and waiters moving through the crowd, offering appetizers and drinks.

I am standing with Saader, Alyssa, Niklas Hjalmarsson and his wife, Elina.

We are all enjoying a good chat, laughing and telling stories as we do so.