"You didn't have to do that." I said as we got outside.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Feel free to walk back in there and give him that kiss."

"He's not my boyfriend. Not even close." I said, my hand on my forehead.

He stayed quiet, digging in his pockets, letting out a groan and ran his fingers through his hair.

"What?" I asked, taking a step closer to him.

"I smoked my last cigarette earlier."

"Oh." I crossed my arms over my chest, afraid people were looking at me.

"Does he do that to you all the time?" He turned around again, his hands still shoved into his pockets.

"Not like that."

"But he does?"

"In a way, but I'm used to it. I wouldn't have let him kiss me, there were people around."

"Fine, then next time I'm around and he's all up on you, I'll remember you don't want help."

"Why did you do it?" I asked, watching his jaw clench. "You barely know me, you call last Friday a date, then I don't hear from you, you don't even say anything to Jaxon about it, then you show up at a basketball game?"

"My brother plays on the team."

"I'm not talking about your brother."

"Look," He sighed, running his hands through his hair again. "I didn't mean to not call. I should have gotten your number from Jaxon, but that would have been weird. I've been busy doing other stuff for work this week. That doesn't mean I didn't want to talk to you again or try to go out soon."

"My brother said stuff about you."

"Of course he did. What did he tell you? That I'd hurt you?"

"No, that you did illegal stuff, that you were dangerous."

"He doesn't know me, neither do you."

"We've established that, and I'm trying."

"Hey, Izzy-" Jackie pushed opened the door, then saw Justin, looking back and forth between us. "Never mind. I'll be in here."

"Ok." I told her, looking back at him, now a few steps closer than he had been before.

"I had a nice time on Friday. I didn't mean to leave you hanging like that."

"It's fine," I shook my head, letting my arms fall from where they were crossed. "I should go. Jackie's waiting for me."

"Bella, wait," He caught my hand, gently turning me back to him. "Do you want to go see a movie tomorrow? If you aren't busy or anything."

"Only if you let me buy the popcorn." A smile curled on my face, my arms crossing over my chest again.

"Sure." He chuckled, digging in his jacket again and pulled out his phone. "Now you can give me your number, so I won't feel weird getting it from my brother."

"Here," I laughed, typing in my number and called it, then hit end. "Now I have yours too."

"Ok, I'll text you in the morning when I wake up."

"Alright."

"I have to go too, before my dad sees me here, so I'll see you tomorrow. Night."

"Night..." I rocked on my heels, watching him walk away out into the road. "Hey

Justin?"

"Hmm?"

"Thank you, for what you did back there."