We all held hands and said prayer. However, I couldn't concentrate because tingles were shooting up and down my arms from Luke's touch. Finally, we were told to dig in.

"So,"Luke started, a menacing smirk on his face,"Broken any innocent girls' hearts lately?"

The parents all stared at him baffled, while they younger ones had different reactions. Luke's face rearranged itself into an expression of horror. Sarah acted as if nothing happened and continued to dig into her mashed potatoes like there was no tomorrow. I, however, just groaned and dropped my head into my hands.

My brother continued to look at Luke expectantly, waiting for an answer until finally, Luke spoke,"No, sir."

John leaned back in surprise, secretly amazed at his manners,"I'm not usually called 'sir'.

"Well,"Luke started,"I like to think of my self as a guy who respects his elders."

All of the parents and John nod their heads in approval, as if they've only just met Luke. I roll my eyes at their stupidity and go back to eating. My peace, however, does not last long because soon Luke's mom directs a question at me,"Any boyfriends?"

I blush red and shake my head,"No."

She looks surprised, along with the rest of the table, until my mom says,"What about Clark? You hung out with him just last weekend."

I shook my head and looked down at my plate,"We broke up on Wednesday."

Luke looks at me in complete and utter confusion. He gave me a questioning look but I just ignored it.

Then John, with an angry look on his face, said,"Do I need to go kick his ass?"

My mom gasped and yelped,"Language!"

I just shook my head, making sure to keep my face expressionless,"I broke up with him. We're on a break..."I looked at Luke,"For now."

"So this isn't permanent?"Luke asked.

"It depends,"I shrugged, avoiding his gaze.

The table became silent and the only noises made were those of silverware. I quickly finished everything on my plate before picking up Sarah's and taking them both to the sink. Once everyone was done, my mother and I told everyone to go enjoy themselves while we cleaned up the kitchen. I just went along with it and followed her to the kitchen, turning on the tap and rinsing off a plate.

We worked silently for a while before she tip-toed over to the door and peaked out. Then, she slowly closed it, making sure not to make any noise. The, she rushed over to me with a curious expression.

"So, does your break with Clark have anything to do with a certain ex?"she smirked.

"You know,"I started,"Curiousity killed the cat."

"Good thing it has nine lives. Now answer the question!"she whisper yelled.

"Yes. It does. Are you happy now?"I huffed.

"Smitten as a kitten!"she smiled and went back to the dishes.

"What did you just say?"I half-laughed.

"Oh hush it Izzy and get over here and help me finish up!"she waved me over to the counter where I began to dry up the clean dishes.

When we were done, my mom and I headed to the door. When we shut it behind us, every head turned our way, including Luke's. While my mom went to the couches, I headed to the stairs, where I waved Luke over. I just had the chance to see him getting up before I jogged up the steps and headed to my room. I plopped down on my bed, knowing that he would remember where my room was.