"Of course not, I was thinking more along the lines of a . . . personal stylist," she said, while she headed towards her bedroom.

      I let out a laugh, as I heard her door creaking opened. "Like that's any better."

      "Oh, shush. You know you love me!" she called out, giggling.

      "Unfortunately," I grumbled under my breath.

      "What was that?" she yelled from her bedroom.

      "Nothing." I got up from my seat, and maneuvered my way towards her room. Leaning against her doorframe, I watched as she dug through her piles of clothes on the floor. Most of which were her dresses, and evening wear—something I never got why she did. It wasn't like she just threw her dresses on the floor after wearing them, no it was because she purposely put them there. Why? Well, that's Scarlett for you.

       "Are you planning on dressing up tonight or something?"

      Her fingers paused on a gown just as she glanced up at me. "What kind of question is that, Bree? If I don't, how the hell am I supposed to seduce Aaiden tonight?"

      "You're not serious, are you?"

      "Oh, I'm very serious." Her eyes zeroed in on me, locking on my face. "So, fair warning. Aaiden, may or may not still be here tomorrow morning." She winked, turning back to her clothes.

      "You're bringing him over tonight?!" I shouted, my jaw dropping.

      "Duh. Why wouldn't I?"

      "Because Scarlett, I know you," I said, pointing at her.

      "Don't worry." She waved her hand at me. "I'm not going to make Aaiden my sex toy like Elle did with her frat boy if you're worried about that. I care about Aaiden a lot more than you think. I know he's not just a piece of meat."

      "Fine." I emitted a deep, audible breath. "Just please for the love of God make sure he stays in your room. I don't want to see anything I shouldn't see when he's here."

      "Deal." She grinned. "Now, help me." She motioned me over with her hand. "Does this dress scream, come fuck me to you?" she asked, lifting one of the dresses she was looking at earlier.

      "Scarlett!" The back itself was completely bare, and the material looked almost see-through. If that wasn't bad enough, the front was low-cut, and the length only reached up to mid-thigh.

      She laughed, throwing the dress back on the floor. "I'm kidding, Bree. Lighten up, will you."

      I pinched the bridge of my nose, shutting my eyes. This was definitely going to be a long night . . .

After two hours of non-stop, "does this dress scream sexy to you?", Scarlett finally left and rushed towards the Greek Mansions. Luckily in the end she didn't chose a slutty dress, instead she ended up going with a dress I'd picked out. It was short enough to be considered "inappropriate", but the fabric covered enough skin—especially the top half, so it wasn't overly indecent.

      Seeing the time above the doorway, my eyes widened. Shit. Dashing towards my bed, I took out my phone, and dialed the one number I'd remembered by heart.

       On the third ring, he picked up. "Pumpkin! You're late."

       I laughed, picturing the frown on his face. "Oh, come on, give me a break. I was helping Scarlett get ready for her big night."

      "Big night? Are you talking about the auction?"

      "Yes. Aaiden Airheart is being auctioned off this semester."

      "Sweetie, why didn't you go? This could've been a great opportunity for you two to finally meet. Maybe you can even win the auction—"

      I rolled my eyes. "Dad. You know how I feel about him."

      "Yes, but Aubrey, honey. If our family unites with the Airhearts', do you know how beneficial that would be to our Erhardt's fortune?"

      "Dad. Can we please not talk about this right now? I really don't want to argue with you."

      I heard him sigh through the phone. "You're right, honey. I'm sorry I brought it up."

      "No, it's fine." I smiled. "How's Mom by the way?"

      "Oh, you know. Same old, same old."

      I bit my lip, running my hands through my hair. "Has she been home lately?"

      "You know how your mom is, Aubrey," Dad said. "As much as I wish she was here, you know I can't stop her from doing her own thing."

      "I know, I just wish she would—"

      "—sorry, pumpkin," he apologized, interrupting me. "I hate to cut you off, but I really need to go. An important client of mine is on the other line."

      I swallowed my disappointment, resting my head against my pillow. "Okay Dad, love you."

      "I love you too, pumpkin," he said, and ended the call.

       Throwing my phone aside, I closed my eyes. It was times like this that I wish I wasn't an Erhardt. If I wasn't an Erhardt, phone calls with my dad wouldn't always end with him saying goodbye because some client was on the other line. If I wasn't an Erhardt, my mom wouldn't be somewhere in the world, doing God knows what. And if I wasn't an Erhardt, my dad wouldn't always be thinking about business deals, and making money. Sometimes, I wish my dad didn't make it big in the world. Times were a lot simpler when I was younger—a lot more happier.

I wasn't sure how long I'd fallen asleep for, but when my eyes fluttered open my room was darker than it was. Letting out a yawn, I reached my arm out, trying to find my phone. As my hand padded the area behind me, my fingers touched something warm. My hand paused, when I felt something wet.

      Rolling over, I let out a loud piercing scream when I saw the shadow of a body in my bed. Scrambling to get on my feet, I grabbed the nearest object in my reach and swung the object towards the perpetrator. Hearing a grunt, the body fell off the edge of the bed, landing with a thud.

      "Ugh. What was that for?"

      My body stood rigid hearing his voice. It can't be. "Aaid-den?" 

What do you think happened? Did Scarlett lose after all? Either way, Aaiden Airheart is finally here ;)