Chapter 19: Passion

I couldn't stop the fighting. Every time I tried to get involved Eric would push me out of the way. It is fair to say Eric was winning this fight. Natalie was weak against him. Although I could see he was holding back. He could of seriously hurt her by now but he hasn't. Just then Eric pushed Natalie to the floor for the 24 time. He stood up straight and his eyes locked to mine. I could see concern in his eyes. Like he wanted to end this fight with Natalie but concerned if he hurt her then i would never forgive him. Just then Natalie hit Eric in the stomach. And he collapsed in pain. I quickly joined the fight. Sitting on top of his now aching body.
"Natalie go get the the flag" I shouted while trying to hold Eric down. I must have lost focus because he managed to quickly turn us over, so he was on top of me.
"I win" he said smirking at me. I look out of the corner of my eye to see Natalie grab the flag and start waving it.
"Actually I think you'll find we won" I replied back to him. Our faces was incredibly close. Our noses were touching and I could feel his breath on my face. I watched as he started to lean in. Gently lowering his lips onto mine. Then we was interrupted.
"Sorry am I interrupting something" Natalie said grinning at me and Eric. He quickly stood up. And gave me a hand up.
"No not at all" he tried to convince Natalie.
"Yeah, didn't look like it to me" Natalie replied. I looked at the floor as I new my cheeks were now bright red due to embarrassment.
"You didn't see anything ok, congratulations for getting the flag" he said to Natalie. Then walked out the room. 
"Since when was you and metal head a thing" she asked me
"We're not" I said looking up at her
"Sure your not"she said nodding her head smiling at me.
"Come on you, let's go show everyone who the winner is" I said walking out the door. When we got downstairs we was greeted by everyone. Some congratulating Natalie, some looked like they wanted to kill her. I just stood and watch how happy she was. I didn't notice Liam come and stand next to me.
"Congratulations" he said to me
"I didn't do anything, Natalie was the winner" I said.
"She wouldn't have got that flag without you sky" he said staring at me.
"She would have, she's stronger than you think" I said trying to convince him.
"Just like I know you purposely made sure she got the flag to save her from becoming factionless" he replied
"I can see it in your eyes sky" he said while leaning into me. My back was pressed against a brick wall. I looked around to see Eric stating at us. I could see hurt in his eyes.
"What can you see?"I questioned him
"Hope and affection" he said. He was about to kiss me when I put my hands to his chest and pushed him away.
"I'm sorry, I don't want this. I need to make sure I am focused for the next stage. I can't have any distractions" I said as I begin to walk away from Liam. Noticing Eric was no longer anywhere to be see. Leaving Liam speechless. He's the type of man who always gets the girl he desires. Well not this one. I value myself to be a lot higher than that.