Chapter 4 -

Legolas continued to talk all the way to their private dining room. Faelia was glad of the distraction and loved how enthusiastic the young elfling was about every little thing he did. He told them about how when he gets older he's going to be a great warrior and the best archer ever.

"Ada says I can have my own bow soon, and he's going to teach me to use it, I'm going to be the best archer ever."

"Little leaf you don't have to shout, we're all in the same room we can hear you perfectly well."

"I'm sorry Ada." He said only slightly quieter.

"That's alright, now why don't we sit down, and wait for our dinner." Thranduil said as he walked to the table, he pulled out a chair and offered it to Faelia who sat with a smile as they both watched Legolas attempt to do the same for Taiika but the chair was to heavy for him, Thranduil helped him to move it then helped Taiika up onto the chair before he and Legolas seated themselves.

Food was quickly bought in, and they all ate in companionable silence.

"Ada can Taiika play with me everyday please, I get so bored on my own." Legolas pleaded with his father in a sweet voice.

Thranduil appeared to think about the request through before turning to Faelia and speaking again.

"How would you feel about being a sort of caretaker for both the children, Legolas seems to have taken to Taiika and needs a friend to play with and someone to teach him certain lessons a young elfling should know?"

Faelia was shocked by his question, she looked at both children who both had pleading looks on their faces. She heard her daughter speaking in her head,

"Please naneth I want to be friends with Legolas I've never had a friend before."

That comment alone broke Faelia's heart but the pleading look on her daughters face made her decision for her.

"Thank you my Lord, that's very gracious of you to allow me care for your son. I'd be very happy to do that. I can set up a few lessons in reading and writing I am quite accomplished in both."

Both children's faces fell at the mention of having to stop playing in order to do lessons but neither said anything.

"That would be perfect, I've had teachers for Legolas before but he just runs and hides somewhere until the teachers give up." Thranduil spoke with a reproachful smile on his face but Legolas just grinned at him obviously not bothered by his fathers looks.

"Maybe now that he's got a friend to do the lessons with he won't be so quick to run off." Faelia said with a smile of her own.

"Well that's settled then, I will get someone to arrange a room for you to use as a classroom as soon as possible."

"That's would be wonderful, my Lord we can also have lessons outside in the garden I can teach them both about herbs and healing."

"Great idea. But only in the gardens, Legolas is not allowed in to the forest without me, no matter what he says."

Faelia just nodded already thinking about the rings Legolas was going to try to run round her. At that moment Taiika yawned,

"I think it's time for bed Taiika. If you would excuse us my Lord my little one needs her sleep."

"Of course, we must continue our conversation from earlier."

"Yes of course, when would you like to finish?"

"How about a little bit later, when you've sorted out Taiika for bed, then you can come back up here for a drink and we can finish our conversation without any little interruptions?"

"That's fine I'm not sure how long I'll be but I will come as soon as I can."

Thranduil just nodded, as they watched the two children smile and wave at each other, then Taiika walked over to take her mothers hand, and together they left the room. Faelia and Taiika walked hand in hand back to the room they woke up in, once inside Faelia found that someone had left night clothes on the bed,

"Oh these are lovely, I wonder who left them." Faelia said gazing at the beautifully made clothing. Taiika reached out her small hands stroking the nightdress.

"Go wash your hands and face then you can put it on, and get into bed."

Taiika nodded and practically ran into the bathroom taking the nightdress with her. Faelia left her to sort herself out while she turned the bed down. A few minutes later Taiika came running back out and jumped into the bed.

"Have a good sleep, my little one." She said as she pulled the covers over the little girl. She started to sing her daughter to sleep. It didn't take long for Taiika to fall asleep so Faelia kissed her daughter's forehead before leaving the room ready to finish her story.