Chapter 12

(Duncan's POV)

"A while ago, I told my mate Geoff that he wouldn't be able to make any of the girls at the party fall in love with him. I mean, love is a stupid thing, just an idea people have that makes them suffer so much because their brain decided to react that way with a certain person. Any ways, he said he totally could, so I bet him £100 (or dollars or whatever you use) to do it. I picked two girls, one of them was Bridgette, and he agreed. He had to make at least one of the girls tell him they loved him. But he said that if he actually does it, I'll have to do it next. And he did it.

So one day we were at McDonald's and he picked you and Courtney and you know the drill. So then you asked me if I could go met your friend with you and I was like okay sure, and Courtney asked me afterwards and I told her I was busy. So then we got to the place and Courtney saw us together and got a bit freaky as if I was cheating on her when we weren't even dating and I don't even know anymore." I explained to Gwen.

We sat in silence for a few minutes, me with my head in my hands while she processed everything I've just told her.

"Go." She says.

"What?" I reply, turning my head to look at her.

"Go see Courtney. Ask her out. I don't really care, but I know that she cares about you. So go and make things right." She smiles, rubbing my back gently. I simply stare at her, and she nods her head towards the door.

"Fine." I whine, getting up and making my way out the door.

*

*

*

I twist the cold handle of her assigned hospital room, and step inside. She looks at me blankly.

"Hello." I smile, walking towards the chair placed beside her bed. "How are you doing?"

"I don't know Duncan, just the fact that I'm at a hospital kind of suggests the fact that I'm not fine at all." She snaps, instantly shutting me up. We sit in silence, me staring at the wall and making beats on the chair handle with my fingers, an annoying habit I have.

"I like the hair." I compliment her, in hopes of getting some words of her. She still doesn't reply.

"I'm sorry." She finally speaks up. I lower my gaze to look at her, waiting for her to continue. "I'm just annoyed at everything today." She admits.

I let out a light chuckle, tucking one of her stray hairs behind her ear. "We all have those days." I explain with a slight shrug of the shoulders. She looks at me incredulously, almost glaring at me.

"What's gotten you into such a good mood?" She asks. I shrug once more.

"I don't know, but I've got something to ask you."

----------------------------------

[A/N] obviously

Hellooooo. I got really stuck on the story so sorry for the 2 month long wait. I finally wrote a chapter though aren't you proud of me? No? Okay then. I know it's kinds short though I'm sorry. Hope everyone has a great year!!!

3/1/16 it's 2016 what but like 2011 was yesterday what are you talking about