Chapter 4

We sat there, just staring at each other through the mirror. I lost track of time, it could have been just mere seconds, or possibly even minutes. I scan over her outfit of choice, it’s a white number. It hugs her curves so perfectly and snugged, and showing off just enough cleavage. Her hair is parted down the middle, messy curls of honey blonde hair on each side with a perfect amount of volume and life to it. Her eyes are surrounded with a smoky eye shadow, which brings out bright the blue in them. On her perfect bee stung lips, she wears a bright red lip stick, to go along with her heels. She’s beautiful. Breathtaking. Angelic. She sat there, still not speaking up, the silence slowly killing me. My heart thudding out of my chest, my pulse rate raising. I spoke up.

“I’m sorry with happened at the coffee shop earlier this week.” I said while turning around facing her slowly, with nothing keeping us apart. No more mirror, just air. I unconsciously lick my lips waiting for a reply at this moment my mouth begins to go dry, so dry it’s almost like the desert has inhabited it.

“I figured that’s why you ran in here. I didn’t mean to lash out at you like that, I just… had some personal issues going on and that just tipped me over the edge.” She said sincerely, smiling back at me. “I’m Kimberley.” She said, as she extended her hand out for me to take.

“Cheryl.” I said whilst flashing a genuine smile, cautiously reaching my hand towards her’s. “Sorry I just ran off like that, I just, I wasn’t expecting to ever see you again, y’know.”

She giggled, “Haha, don’t worry about it. If I were in your shoes I would have done the same thing to be honest. Let’s just start fresh, yeah?” She said while opening the large bathroom door, and extending her hand for me to take. I hesitated for a moment, before taking it in my own and nodding my head. Her skin was soft, almost like silk, as our hands fit perfectly together. A jolt of electricity racked through my body causing me to jump a bit in my skin. “Are you ok?”

“Um, uh, yeah sorry.” I nervously laughed, trying not to meet her gaze.

She began walking, pushing through the crowd of people, me following right behind like a little lost puppy gripping to her hand as if I let go I’d be lost forever. Her honey blonde hair started flowing over her shoulders, her intoxicating smell invading my nostrils. I breathe in deeply, taking in her scent. She smells of a warm vanilla. It was comforting.  As I take another deep breath in, my stomach began to do flips, feelings I haven’t felt since him, yet these were a lot stronger. What the hell is going on?  I thought to myself. After being caught up in my own world, I noticed we were almost back to the booth, in view was all of the other girls drinking and having a laugh.

“Well, well, well, look who it is. Miss I’m gonna run off out of nowhere and hide in the loo.” Sarah pointed at me while slurring, making both Nadine and Nicola burst into a fit of giggles. My face began to burn; surely beat red as well. Hoping, praying that nobody can see the color difference in this dimmed lighting.

 “Yeah, what was that all about?” Nadine asked raising a perfectly plucked eyebrow; squinting her eyes as if she was trying to read my eyes for answers.

“I just felt a bit sick, that’s all. I’m back not aren’t I?” I replied defensively, not wanting to go into details on what happened between Kimberley and I. Looking down I noticed Kimberley and I’s hands were still intertwined, which made a little smirk appear on my face. At that same second though, Nicola pulled Kimberley down to sit beside her in the booth, making our once intertwined fingers separate. Peering down at the table I realized we were soon to be out of drinks.“Aye, what do you all want, I’m going to go run up to the bar and get us a refill.”