4.

"Scrambled or sunny side up?" Lex asks me.

"Scrambled!" I cheer like a little kid, throwing my fist the air.

He chuckles, "Scrambled it is."

Eggs are the easiest thing to cook and most delicious food in the world! Well, besides instant noodles, that is.

I lean forward on the marble counter, cross my arms over my chest, and watch him cook for me. The way his muscles flex when he flicks the spatula, the way his hair bounces due to sudden movement, the way his eyes glance at me every second; it's all so alluring.

"Stop staring Aza, your drooling." He smirks while switching off the stove.

"It's the food, not you. Stop being so egoistic, gosh." I click my tongue, turning away from him.

After having a very delicious breakfast made personally by Lex himself, since the cook's shift starts at eight and it's only seven thirty, I decide to break the silence.

"So..what do you want to show me?" I ask timidly, still not really trusting of him, yet.

He sighs, taking my plate and putting it in the sink. "You'll see, now come on."

He grabs my hand that is resting on the counter top and drags me off of the tall stool, nearly causing me to face plant.

"Slow down you imbecile!"

He growls. "Walk faster complaint Queen." He retorts, clearly unimpressed that I called him an 'imbecile'.

My heart skips a beat, did he mean it as a 'two word' thing or..a Queen thing,

I groan inwardly, this is too perplexing for my brain. Many twists and turns later, Lex opens a door that looks like the others but it reveals something very different. Stairs. Stairs that are so steep, that I cannot even see how far down they go.

"Watch your step." Lex cautioned, letting go of my hand, since the path ahead is too narrow.

I jump, nearly falling off the edge, when he took my hand and delicately put it around his torso.

"Make sure you keep a tight hold on me." He says, giving the back of my hand a squeeze before proceeding.

"Okay." I breathe out, not trusting my brain, giving his torso a squeeze back as we descend down the tricky steps.

The air is so different from the one above, stale and dusty. "Is this where you kill all those rogues? Are you going to kill me? Please let me have my last words before you do? I want my body-"

"Aza, I'm not going to kill you now shush." He says annoyed.

Even without looking at his face, I am able to sense the trace of amusement in his voice. I nod, calming my over driven mind. I hear something 'click', and soon, after a few shutters, light bounces off my eyes, allowing me to see a golden door with deeply carved lines in front of us. Lex steps in front of me, and pushes a brick.

Is he dumb? How-

A loud rumble echoed through the room, breaking my thoughts. This is so like Harry Potters movies.

A knife, the same golden color as the door, emerges out of the wall.  He takes the knife in his hand, and without a second thought, he slashes his palm, letting his blood drip onto the metal plate. Smoke erupts from the plate upon contact, silver. The deeply carved lines on the door start flowing with Lex's blood.  I stare, staying rooted to the ground, amazed at the sight before me. The fresh blood flowed all the way to the golden door knob, where it 'clicked'.

Lex turns to me, wiping his bloody hand on his shirt. "Ready for your adventure, Hermione Granger?" He mocks, bowing, waiting for me to place my hand in his.

Did I said the Harry thingy out loud?

"Yes, you did now take my hand!" He cried impatiently, "My neck is breaking." He whines like a small child.

"Now whose the one complaining, Harry Potter?" I tease him.

I put my hand in his and squeeze it hard, smirking when I hear his whine. When we walk into the room, the first thing that catches my eye is the white and gold, rolled up script resting in the middle of the rectangular room. Now looking around, I realize that it's the only thing in the room.

"Go on, read it." Lex insists, giving me a little push.

I turn back, breifly looking at him. He nods his head encouragingly towards me. As I walk forward hesitantly, I get a feeling that after reading the words that are imprinted upon the script, my life will change forever.

It's all about choices Aza. Zinters tells me, her wise words never fail to amaze me.

Finally ready to unlock secrets that I never knew existed, I unroll the script, and it's actually not that long as I had thought it would have been. Taking a deep breathe, I cast my gaze onto the cursive words.

Seeing how the Royal Family has suffered, it breaks my heart knowing everyone is slowly shattering inside.

So I proposed a prophecy to you, a chance to get back what you've lost.

Lexington King, I believe that is what my child is called, you must find your mate.

Your mate will be the one who will give the kingdom the solution to find your answers.

But in the end, you will be on your own whether you can get back what you have lost through your fingertips.

Lastly, Lexington's mate, I didn't choose you, fate chose you. And I believe that there's a very good reason behind it.

Do not worry, no one has seen the last part.

Yours truely,

Moon goddess

"Lex, what did the kingdom lost?" I ponder, resting the script upon the table.

He face contorts to one of pain and guilt, "My brother." He breathes out, barely above a whisper.

"He's Zane, isn't he?" I question, even though I already know the answer.

He nod mutely, "How old was he when he was...kidnapped?"

"Six, he should be twenty by now, and yes we have waited for this day for fourteen years." he says, the words strangled out of his throat.

I nod mutely, suddenly another question raises itself into my mind, and that somehow causes a little clench to my heart.

"Why did you say you didn't think you had a mate? When it's written clearly in this script-"

"Aza." Lex interjects, cautiously walking towards me.

"Answer me, you lying asshole." I spit, trying to keep my anger in check.

He hugs me tightly, saying nothing. The guilt, I could feel through the bond, tells me that he made a mistake by saying such a thing. Within the bond, I wasn't able to feel just his pain, but the pain of an entire kingdom, and that brought tears to my eyes. The fake smiles Alpha Maxwell and Luna Odell have permanently intact, the sadness rolling out of the pack members in strong waves and now Lex.

"I fe-feel pathetic." I confess, "I-I should be the one comforting you.."

"It's okay, it's just the mate bond, cry it all out Aza." Lex coos, rubbing my back gently.

It's feels like something much deeper than just a mate bond.

"We will find him Lex, we will." I declare, a surge of determination went runnning through my veins.

"I know we will Aza, I know."

And at that point of time, I felt a sudden foreign power, boil within me.