Chapter 2: Job Hunting

Start from the beginning

"Good morning!" She greeted

"Good morning!" Megan greeted back

"What are you making?" Isabella asked

"Pancakes!" Megan replied. Isabella taught Megan how to cook so if Isabella wasn't home any day so she could cook something and feed herself up. She grateful for it too because whenever she is being a lazy bum, so her little sister could cook her something.

"What's the special occasion?" Isabella asked

"I just wanted to make you happy" she said smiling
"Izzy, you feelin' better now?" Megan asked
Isabella knew that she was referring to last night.

"Yeah, I am. Thanks for comforting me Megan" Isabella said

"Oh, shut up woman! I am your sister, it's my duty to be there with you in every face of your life" Megan said and Isabella hugged her.

"Okay, enough with this emotional shit. Let's do breakfast" Megan said and Isabella chuckled.

They had their breakfast and Isabella did the dishes . She also told Megan that they were going to their Aunt's house.
After about and hour, they got out of the apartment and Isabella locked the door. They started walking because her house was just a few streets away from their apartment. They reached the door of their aunt's apartment after only 10 minutes. Megan ranged the doorbell and the door flunged open. There stood a lady with brunette hair , her eyes were warm and welcoming with a gleam of excitement in them. She was tall and skinny woman but not that much skinny. She was the woman who helped them through thick and thin and keep them both with her when they were kicked out of their house.

"Hey, Aunt Jess" Megan greeted the woman and the woman greeted back

"Hey, Jess" Isabella greeted while hugging her. She didn't bothered calling her aunt as she was only 3 years older than her and she was just like a friend to her. She was their Mother's sister.

"Hello, how are you?" She asked

"I'm fine" Isabella said while entering in the house.
"How is Kevin?" She asked

"He is great" Jessica said. Kevin was her fiancée and he was gone to California for some business matters.

Jessica brought them juice and they all drank it while talking about stuff that was going in their lives.

"Are you still having those nightmares?" Jessica asked

"Yes but they aren't that bad" Isabella said.

"She had one last night" Megan said and Jessica engulfed Isabella in a hug. Isabella didn't cried though, because she was tired of everything and she needed to be strong.

"So, how is your job?" Jessica asked after they pulled back

"Same old. I really need a new job that pays good and I can't just waste my 4 years of education in college just by working in a coffee shop" she said

"Well, I'll ask Kevin if he knows anyone from the department you want to work in" Jessica said

"That would be great, Jess. You are the best!" Isabella exclaimed, grinning

"That I am" Jessica did and the three of them burst into laughter

They spent the rest of their evening watching movies and talking. The day went really good and Isabella felt happy with everything inside her. She had a good laugh after a lapse of several days. It was past 8 O'Clock when Isabella decided that it would be the best if they leave right then because it was getting late. They bid their good byes to Jessica and headed towards their home. Isabella made dinner after changing and then they had dinner. Megan went into her room while Isabella was sitting in the living room with her laptop which Kevin gifted her on her 21st birthday on her lap. She started searching if there were any jobs available but much to her disappointment, she couldn't find any. She decided that she would hunt for a new job tomorrow because she felt tired and went into her room to sleep.

The next morning, Isabella woke up and the first thing she did after showering and breakfast was searching for a new job. It took her a whole day but she couldn't find any. She felt sad and thought it was useless. She went into the living room and started a movie which was The vow. Halfway through the movie, she heard her phone ringing. She turned off the volume and glanced at the caller ID and saw it was Kevin. She quickly picked up the phone

"Hi, Kevin" Isabella said

"Hey, Bella!" Kevin greeted
"Well I have some news for you" Kevin said

"What it is?" Isabella asked

"Well, there is a job available of a PA" he said and she couldn't believe her own ears.

"Yeah?" She asked

"In Anderson&Co, Personal Assistant needed for Seth Anderson" he said

"Okay, so when is the interview?" She asked

"Monday. Be there at 8:00 am sharp." He said and she grinned

"Thanks, Kevin" Isabella said

"My pleasure" he replied and she hung the phone.

She couldn't believe that there was a job available. She just needed a job and she was grateful that Kevin helped her. She just hoped the interview to go well. A grin came across her mouth and she laid back on the couch.

~~~

Vote+Comment