Confession

It's been two days since the whole josh and Lucas thing happened. The day after it happened I told Riley and we both wondered why Lucas reacted like that but we decided that it was just because he didn't like guys who were disrespectful to girls. All day today I saw Missy and Lucas be together and even though it hurt inside I had become very good at faking a smile. It was now after school and I was laying in bed watching Teen Wolf when I got a message from Lucas.
"Maya am I doing enough"
"What do u mean"
"I mean like am I doing enough for Missy I feel like I am not doing enough or I'm not good enough"
"Lucas u are doing more than enough and you are the perfect guy at our age"
"How am I perfect"
"You treat your girl like she's a princess and you care about your friends and your s gentleman your not like the other f boys at our school"
"Thank u Maya"
"No problem"
"I just really love her and I don't want to lose her"
"I know"
We talked for hours about how he was good enough for Missy when I he said something that made me snap.
"She deserves more than me"
"Stop doing that stop downgrading yourself. Your one of the most amazing guys that I know and I'm tired of u not seeing that"
"I'm not downgrading myself , I just don't see how someone could actually care about me"
And then I said it the message that I regret seconds after I pressed sent.
"If you only knew"
Oh no I can't believe I just said that what if he figures out I like him.
"If I only knew what"
"Nothing never mind "
"Maya tell me "
"It's nothing"
"Maya do you trust me?"
"Of course"
"Then I want you to be completely honest with me about this"
" I can't not about this, this will ruin our friendship and my Friendship with Missy"
God I just made it more obvious well there's no going back now.
"Nothing could ever ruin our friendship Maya"
"Maybe not ours but mine and Missy's forsure"
"You don't know that"
"Yes I do Lucas this will hurt to many people"
"Maya please just tell me"
I took a deep breath.
"Ok fine I like you I have for a long time but no one can know because it will hurt Alot of people's I don't want that and I don't want anything to change so please just don't let anything change and don't tell anyone promise me you won't tell Missy"
I regretted admitting it but I was glad there were no more secrets between us.
"I promise"he replied.
"I'm sorry I shouldn't have said anything"
"No don't be sorry I kinda already knew"
"What? How did you know"
"Well you know how I love to draw eyes right?"
"Yeah"
"Well eyes tell all the secrets and when you looked at me I could tell"
"So my eyes gave it away"
"Yeah and plus I could tell that when you saw me and Missy together your smile was fake "
"Oh"
"Yeah"
"Please don't let anything change"
"I won't "
I wanted to ask him if he felt the same way but it was obvious since he didn't admit it then so I gave up hope .
After we stopped talking I called Riley and read her the whole conversation all she could say was Wow. She said she was shocked that I admitted it. I layed in bed and though about how he said that the eyes tell all the secrets. I wondered what his eyes were hiding.