Chapter 1: My Abominable 18th Birthday

I wake up in a moving car hungrier than ever and I look to my right to see Stefan and I forced myself to go back to sleep but it was not working.

"Awee , sleeping beauty has awoken." Klaus chirped from the driver's seat. I rolled my eyes and pulled out my phone. I felt my pockets and it wasn't in any of them. I looked over to Stefan.

"Do you have my phone?" I questioned him. He shakes his head and I look at Klaus and he shot me a cheeky grin."Klaus where is my phone?"

"Of course , love because I would have your precious blackberry with me while you were in a two day slumber." He spoke. I glared at him unamused and he smirked.

"I've been sleep for two days!" I exclaimed. Stefan looked over to me and nodded his head. I groan."I could sleep for another decade."

Klaus clicks his tongue."Perhaps I bought you a new one since it is indeed your day of birth." I growled and looked over to Stefan.

"You told him!" I said , scolding him. He smiled and nodded. I give him an aneurysm and snuggle in my blanket.

"Asshat." I mumbled lowly. I've never wished more than anything in my entire life for a better summer.
------

So , starting off my birthday at a bar. Hunting freaking werewolves.

"So the plan is I dress slutty , catch his attention and you two swoop in." I say dryly.

"No." They both say in a monotone voice. I stare at them blankly. "Then what's the plan ? Bastard one and bastard two."

"You lure in Ray with your charm and beauty , and convince him to become a hybrid." Stefan says , like it's the obvious thing in the world. I take a deep breath and strut over to the bar.

"Bourbon , yes I am of age." I compelled the bartender. He nodded and I flipped my freshly curled hair. My hair is it's natural color , which is strawberry blonde , ginger , and so on. I used to get teased a lot for it , but as I got older I got the privilege to dye my hair and I was ecstatic. One day I tried brown and everyone was saying how I was trying to Elena and how Elena was cuter than me. Bullshit , really.

He slides me my drink and I wink at him. A guy sat next to me and he reeked of dog. My eyes widen in realization when he's Ray.

"You're too pretty to be here alone." Ray comments. I smirk and twirl my curl with my finger.

"I just went through a breakup. Drinking solves everything." I lie through my teeth. He nods and gets the point.

"Oh , I didn't mean it like- that- well- I'm sorry." He stammered.

"It's fine." I reassure. I turn around to Klaus and signal him to move over here and collect his business.

"Ray?" Klaus calls. "Ray Sutton."

"Who wants to know?" He responded.

"I've been looking everywhere for you." Klaus mentioned. "We started in Florida , Pensacola. I met a young chap there who you worked with before you moved to Memphis. Now he directed me to two lovely young women. And they led me here."

Ray gets up. "I think I'll be going." Klaus stopped him in his tracks.

"Not so fast , mate." He said. "You only just got here. Now your type are very hard to come by." He turned to leave and Stefan stepped in.

"Yeah , I wouldn't do that." I advised.

"Vampires." He spoke.

"You're swifty swift , Ray." Klaus spoke. "Yes , my friend here is a vampire. He's compelled everyone in the bar so don't look to them for any help. My girlfriend and I , however.... we're something else."