nine.

« « chill out / it's all right / kiss me / it's nice to be alive » »
it's nice to be alive ;; ball park music

I had allowed Marie, also known as Rogue, to collect herself until the next morning. Jean had said that the ideal time to attempt to save Pietro would be early in the morning.

I got up at six in the morning, barely awake as I headed down to the infirmary. I was with Logan, because I didn't exactly remember how to get down to the infirmary. As much I hated to admit it, I was starting to forget what this place looked like.

"What did you get yourself into, kid?" Logan grumbled, although he had a playful smirk on his lips.

"Hopefully something that won't break my heart."

This time, Hank was present, and Storm was missing. Scott and Marie stood along the walls, along with a new face, and Jean stood by Pietro with Hank. Charles was at the foot of the operation table, looking over to Logan and I as we entered.

"Are you ready?" I asked Marie, who shook her head and took a shaky step forward. I followed her, the bottom of my robe flowing behind me. I hadn't changed out of my pajamas.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Charles asked the girl, typical of him, really. I didn't say anything but I could tell Marie was looking up at me.

"I'm sure."

Logan stepped forward, Scott right behind him. I wasn't really sure why he was present, but I didn't question it at all.

Marie removed her gloves, fear etched across her features. She reached out to Logan, touching his hand with trembling fingers. I watched in horror as Logan shook, falling back into Scott's awaiting arms. Marie pursed her lips, now reaching out to touch Pietro. I took a step forward, thinking that the same thing will happen to him, but Charles stopped me from moving.

As Marie came into contact with Pietro's cheek, I held my breath. The young girl took a couple steps back, slipping her gloves back on and retreating to the boy's side. I looked back to Pietro, waiting for any type of response.

"His heart rate is increasing," Jean announced, but I wasn't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. Was his heart rate slow before?

Next thing I know, Pietro took a large intake of air, coughing and spluttering after doing so. I quickly rushed to his side, helping him sit up as he attempted to do so.

His eyelids slowly raised, revealing the electric blue eyes I adore so much. I examined his chest, finding that the bullet wounds that were once there had now patched themselves up. I breathed out, looking back up at Pietro to find him already staring down at me.

"Olivia," he croaked, his hand reaching out to grab onto me. I took it, smiling through the tears.

"He needs rest," Hank told me, setting his furry hand on my shoulder.

"Am I allowed to take him up to my room?"

Receiving a nod from Charles was all I needed before I teleported away.

I arrived in my bedroom, gently setting Pietro down on my bed. He left out a few painful grunts as he attempted to get situated, for his wounds had now healed over, but he was still sore and stiff.